Date: 22-23 September, 2014
Location: San Francisco, CA, United States
Regular Price: $ 1,299 per person
This class prepares attendees for their role as Product Owner in a Scrum Project and earn the title of Certified Scrum Product Owner from the Scrum Alliance.
In this course, you will learn Scrum-by-the-book (the Core Scrum description from the Scrum Alliance and the Scrum Guide from Jeff Sutherland and Ken Schwaber), and then explore in depth how the principles of Product Ownership are handled in software development with Scrum. The class is based on working through a sample delivery: we address and practice the principles of Project Visioning, long term planning, Product Backlog development and maintenance. The concepts of Scrum that are owned by either the ScrumMaster or the Development Team are explained so you have a full view of the Scrum framework and your role within this process.
- Learn the concepts of Core Scrum, for all roles and specifically from the Product Owner perspective
- Answer your questions, right from the beginning I will focus on your challenges and questions
- Explore real projects using Scrum, practice real challenges
- Discuss distributed teams from the Product Owner perspective
- Learn about requirements management, stories and epics; learn about when to write stories (when not) and when to detail them
- Apply planning concepts (long term, medium term, short term) from the Product Owner perspective
- Understand the advantages of short-cycled delivery vs. long term planning
Though each CSPO course varies depending on the instructor, all Certified Scrum Product Owner® courses focus on Scrum from a product owner's perspective. Graduates will receive the CSPO designation. All CSPO courses are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers.