Date: 16-17 April, 2014
Location: Chandler (Phoenix), AZ, United States
Regular Price: 1495
There is an additional event this week to also check out -- and contact us if you'd like to receive a discount code for attending all the events with us this week!
Certified Scrum Master:
Certified Scrum Product Owner Course:
This two day course teaches you how to become an effective Product Owner! Our intensive, two-day Certified Scrum Product Owner course offers you a strong foundation in the Scrum framework and agile principles, geared toward the unique Product Owner role. The real-world experience these trainers have allows us to incorporate practical advice and time-tested techniques into this hands-on workshop.
After completing the course:
• You can apply for a Scrum Alliance CSPO
• You can apply for 16 PMP PDUs with the Project Management Institute, satisfying 16 of the required 21 training hours for the new PMI-ACP (PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner)
What is Scrum?
Scrum is a simple but powerful agile framework. Key to its success is the role of the Product Owner, who steers and guides the Scrum project, bridges the gap between end customers, business and development/IT and is responsible for the return on investment (ROI). The Product Owner combines the traditional project and product manager roles in one person.
This two-day interactive Scrum Product Owner course equips you with all you need to know to be an effective Product Owner. At the end of the course, you will understand how to leverage Scrum to optimise value creation and customer satisfaction. You will be able to create a realistic release plan, stock the product backlog, write user stories and refine requirements. You will also know how you can increase productivity, level the workload, and be able to steer your project proactively.
The learning modules include:
• Agile Values, Scrum Benefits and Origins
• Scrum and Change
• Companies Using Scrum
Scrum Process and Roles
• Scrum Flow
• Scrum Roles: Product Owner, Team, ScrumMaster
• Product Owner Characteristics
• A Day in the Life of the Product Owner
• The Product Owner as the Voice of the Customer and Value Stream Manager
• Understanding the Customer
• The Product Vision
• The Product Backlog
• Determining the Release Scope
• Story Mapping and User Stories on the Product Backlog
• Prioritizing the Product Backlog
• Refining the Product Backlog
• Sustainable Pace
• Defining and Communicating Project Success
• Release Management Strategies
• Estimating Product Backlog Items Using Story Points and Planning Poker
• Choosing the Sprint Length and Determining Velocity
• Creating the Release Plan
• Tracking the Project Progress
• Sprint Workflow and Characteristics
• Formulating Powerful Sprint Goals
• Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review and Retrospective
• Understanding the Sprint Progress
• The Planning Onion
• Why Portfolio Management Matters
• Levelling the Demand
• Portfolio Management Steps
• The Portfolio Bubble Chart
Large and Distributed Scrum Projects
• Brook’s Law
• Organic Growth and Conway’s Law
• Master Product Backlog and the Product Owner Team
• Team Set-up
• Multi-team Planning and Coordination
• Shared Norms and Assets
• Distributed Scrum Project Tips
About the Instructors:
Catherine Louis has over 20 years of software development experience in complex product development in large telecommunication firms. Her focus is on Agile methods, Agile R&D, and managing organizational Agile transitions: Enabling change to build speed and flexibility in business. Her focus is not just on the R&D development teams, rather it is on the end-to-end flow from the “idea” phase at the front-end of development, through to full support of large, multi-customer based established products involving Channel Partners, Supply Management, Operations and Offshore partners.
You may reach her via email, firstname.lastname@example.org, linkedin, linkedin/in/catherinelouis, or twitter @catherinelouis
Michael Vizdos has over 20 years of IT experience from large enterprises to start-up environments. For the past 10 years he has focused on implementing Agile methods in organizations worldwide. He runs a website at www.implementingscrum.com and spends most of his time working with teams and training people in Scrum and other Agile methods. You may reach him via email, email@example.com or twitter @mvizdos.
Though each CSPO course varies depending on the instructor, all Certified Scrum Product Owner® courses focus on Scrum from a product owner's perspective. Graduates will receive the CSPO designation. All CSPO courses are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers.