Date: 11-12 May, 2010
Location: Birmingham, AL, United States of America
Regular Price: $947.00
The Certiﬁed Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) course is an in-depth two day immersion into the world of Scrum Product Management. The course is full of practical, real world techniques that can be implemented immediately at your workplace. This course will allow your organization to enjoy the many advantages Scrum has to offer. Hands-on exercises demonstrate key concepts and let you experience the beneﬁts of Scrum ﬁrsthand.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES
• The advantages that Scrum Product Management brings to your organization
• A solid understanding of the Scrum framework
• Your roles and responsibilities as the Product Owner
• Developing a vision that serves as a guiding light for the product and the project team
• Predicting delivery dates and determining release plans
• Grooming the product backlog; how to effectively gather and document Agile requirements
• Establishing an effective measure of business value so that the right features can be implemented
• Embracing continuous planning throughout the project lifecycle
• Properly align your development efforts around building the highest business value features ﬁrst
• Ensure that the right features are being implemented for the right reasons at the right time
• Effectively and efﬁciently incorporate new insights into the product during the project lifecycle
• Rapidly respond to changing market conditions
• Increase customer satisfaction and time-to-market delivery
• Gain organizational trust and improve your team’s reputation for on-time and on-budget delivery by setting them up for frequent successes
• Achieve greater ﬂexibility and bring value to your organization by adding another tool to your toolbox
• Thorough understanding of Product Management using Scrum
• A new outlook on the way you develop and prioritize features
• The knowledge necessary for incorporating Scrum practices into your working environment
• A one year membership to the Scrum Alliance
• The Certiﬁed Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) designation
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTORS
Brian M. Rabon, CSM, CSP, MSEE, PMP
Brian is a Certiﬁ ed ScrumMaster and Scrum Professional with over 13 years of software development experience. He is a regular instructor at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, New Horizons Birmingham, The Solutions Cube Group, and a course designer for Samford University.
Michele Sliger, CST, PMP
Michele is a Certiﬁ ed Scrum Trainer with over 20 years of software development experience. She is the co-author of “The Software Project Manager’s Bridge to Agility”. Michele is a frequent conference speaker and regular contributor to software industry publications. She is a strong advocate of agile principles and value-driven development practices.
Though each CSPO course varies depending on the instructor, all Certified Scrum Product Owner® courses focus on Scrum from a product owner's perspective. Graduates will receive the CSPO designation. All CSPO courses are taught by Trainers approved by the Scrum Alliance.