Date: 27-28 March, 2014
Location: London, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Regular Price: £995 + VAT
Whether you are new to Agile principles and have an idea of what Scrum is, or have already spent time involved with teams talking about or implementing Scrum, taking on the Scrum team’s Product Owner role can be a daunting prospect. The role of the Scrum Product Owner is crucial to the overall Scrum Team, acting as the liaison between the development team and the wider customer community. An effective Product Owner will work collaboratively with stakeholders to define the overall product vision and is responsible for communicating that vision to the team and motivating the team to deliver a high quality product. The Product Owner is responsible for creating and maintaining the Product Backlog and is a key contributor to the Sprint Planning and Review Meetings. The Product Owner can help maximise delivery capabilities, enhance the planning and scheduling process, improve project estimation and drive overall product success.
If you’ve not undertaken Scrum Training with a formally Certified Scrum Trainer then you may be missing key knowledge and skills that will enable you to make the most of the opportunities afforded by effective implementation of Scrum principles and practices.
This two-day, interactive course investigates the Scrum framework in detail from theory and foundations to practical application and pitfalls, covering all the team roles, activities, and artifacts but focuses specifically on the role played by the Product Owner. You will learn about activities such as managing stakeholders, vision definition, ROI management, Product Backlog definition and grooming, creating effective stories, defining acceptance criteria for stories and defining “done” with the rest of the Scrum Team.
What Will You Learn?
The two-day Certified Scrum Product Owner course will give you a sound understanding of Scrum principles and practices in order that you can:
- Participate actively as a Scrum Team member generally
- Function effectively as the Product Owner for the Scrum Team specifically
- Deliver a successful Scrum project
- Explain and sell Agile and the Scrum framework to other key stakeholders
- Collaborate effectively with key stakeholders and customers
- Create and maintain the Product Backlog
- Fulfil your essential role in Sprint Planning and Sprint Review meetings
- Participate in Daily Scrum Meetings and Sprint Retrospectives
- Understand and use the full range of Scrum Artifacts (Sprint Backlog, Burndown Charts etc.)
- Understand how to operate Scrum with fixed price contracts and third party supplier relationships
- Help your team or organisation to transition to a more Lean and Agile way of working using Scrum
- Understand how to combine the use of Scrum with other Lean and Agile approaches such as Kanban, eXtreme Programming and AgilePM
About Sallyann Freudenberg
Dr. Sallyann Freudenberg is an agile coach and mentor experienced in working with both experienced agile teams and those new to an agile approach. Her 20-year IT career has covered roles in development, design, analysis, UI and Project Management on projects as diverse as industrial real-time process control systems and banking CRM. During the past 9 years Sallyann has been focused entirely in the agile world, providing a blend of training, mentoring and coaching across Europe that focuses on creating successful and sustainable agile organisations.
Sallyann provides a variety of standardized and tailored training sessions, including Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) and Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) alongside ‘on the ground’ agile coaching and mentoring. She is particularly focused on collaboration and agile as a ‘cultural change’ and as such often assists with strategic change management. Her facilitation skills are particularly honed and as such she is often called upon to facilitate difficult meetings. She is passionate about maximising the learning outcomes from any situation.
Sal also holds a PhD in Collaborative Software Development for which she spent three years closely observing and analyzing experienced, commercial agile teams. She is a Certified Scrum Trainer. She delivers highly participative and engaging workshops at conferences worldwide, including the Agile and XP conferences as well as Scrum Gatherings.
Agil8 is led by David Hicks, pioneer of Agile since the 1990s, Agile Alliance Founder and one of the world’s most qualified and experienced Agile practitioners. David has been responsible for the training and certification of over 5,000 people in Agile.
The agil8 team provides fully accredited Agile training and consulting services in the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Scrum, Kanban and Agile Project Management with a focus on complex and challenging environments. What sets us apart is our experience, pragmatic approach and ability to mix and match differing Agile techniques to a particular set of client or project/programme requirements.
We are the only company in the world accredited and certified in Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Scrum, Kanban and AgilePM/DSDM. Our consulting expertise enables us to support companies with a requirement to scale agile across large and distributed teams.
In order to receive your Scrum Product Owner Certification (CSPO), you will need to attend the 2 day course (your attendance will be registered each day). Following attendance on the course, your name will be registered with the Scrum Alliance. You will be then be sent an automated confirmation from the Scrum Alliance which confirms your certification. Two years' membership to the Scrum Alliance are is included in the course cost.
Comments by attendees of Sallyann's previous courses
- "Sallyann's approach really helped me to understand Scrum. Her hands-on up-beat manner was really awesome!"
- "An excellent introduction to the world of Scrum"
- "16 years working, and this is the best course, delivered by the most engaging Dr. Sallyann"
- "Sallyann was very punchy and motivating. She made a great effort to cover any queries possible."
- "Was great to be trained by someone with the knowledge, experience and contacts that Sallyann has."
- "Nicely balanced course between slides, discussion and games."
- "Sallyann was excellent. She has a huge amount of relevant experience and made the training interesting, interactive,and really valuable to me and my role."
Though each CSPO course varies depending on the instructor, all Certified Scrum Product Owner® courses focus on Scrum from a product owner's perspective. Graduates will receive the CSPO designation. All CSPO courses are taught by Trainers approved by the Scrum Alliance.