Date: 19-20 September, 2013
Location: Oslo, Norway
Regular Price: NOK 14 900
This two day course—taught by author and popular Scrum and agile trainer Mike Cohn—teaches you how to use the Scrum product backlog as a tool for success and equip you with what you need to achieve success with Scrum.
Certified Scrum Product Owner Training teaches you, the product owner, how to use the product backlog as a tool for success. As you watch the product take shape, iteration after iteration, you can restructure the Product Backlog to incorporate your insights or respond to changes in business conditions. You can also identify and cancel unsuccessful projects early, often within the first several months. The Certified Scrum Product Owner; course equips you with what you need to achieve success with Scrum.
Intuitive and lightweight, the Scrum process delivers completed increments of the product at rapid, regular intervals, usually from every two weeks to a month. Rather than the traditional system of turning a project over to a project manager while you then wait and hope for the best, Scrum offers an effective alternative, made even more attractive when considering the statistics of traditional product approaches in which over 50% of all projects fail and those that succeed deliver products in which 64% of the functionality is rarely or never used.
Let us help you avoid becoming one of these statistics.
Following successful completion of the course, each participant will be designated a Certified Scrum Product Owner. This certification includes a one-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, where additional member-only material and information are available.
PMPs: This course counts for 15 Professional Development Units (PDUs) and 15 Scrum Educational Units (SEUs). This course also counts as 15 of the 21 contact hours needed of Agile Project Management Training to be eligible for the PMI-ACP certification.
You Will Learn
- Practical, project-proven practices
- How to write user stories for the product backlog
- Proven techniques for prioritizing the product backlog
- How to predict the delivery date of a project (or the features that will be complete by a given date) using velocity
- Tips for managing the key variables influencing project success
- Tips and tricks from the instructor's fifteen years of using Scrum in a wide variety of environments
What You Get
- High quality training from an industry expert
- Recognition by the Scrum Alliance as a Certified Scrum Product Owner
- Fruit in the morning, sandwiches mid-morning, a lunch buffet, an afternoon snack, and drinks
- A one-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, a $50 value
- A 4 GB USB drive containing a PDF of the course materials, relevant articles by Mike Cohn and others, sample chapters from Mike's books, and other information
- A printed and bound copy of the course materials
- Planning Poker® cards for use in estimating with your team
About the Instructor
Mike Cohn is the author of User Stories Applied for Agile Software Development, Agile Estimating and Planning, and Succeeding with Agile. Mike has fifteen years of experience with Scrum and over 25 years of experience in the software industry. He has previously been a technology executive in companies of various sizes, from startup to Fortune 40. A frequent magazine contributor and conference speaker, Mike is a founding member of both the Agile Alliance and the Scrum Alliance.
Professional Development Units (PDUs)
PMPs: This course counts for 15 Professional Development Units (PDUs). This course also counts as 15 of the 21 contact hours needed of Agile Project Management Training to be eligible for the PMI-ACP certification.
Though each CSPO course varies depending on the instructor, all Certified Scrum Product Owner® courses focus on Scrum from a product owner's perspective. Graduates will receive the CSPO designation. All CSPO courses are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers.