Date: 30 September - 1 October, 2009
Location: Herzelia, Israel
Regular Price: 4500 NIS
Scrum is an agile software development framework. Work is structured in cycles of work called sprints or iterations of work, that are typically two to four weeks in duration. During each sprint, teams pull tasks from a prioritized list of customer requirements (AKA product backlog), called user stories, so that the features that are developed first are of the highest value to the customer. At the end of each sprint, a potentially shippable product is delivered.
Scrum defines three roles; Scrum team, Scrum master and Scrum Product Owner.
The product owner has a unique and critical role, since she has the following responsibilities.
- Define the features of the product;
- Decide on release date and content;
- Be responsible for the profitability of the product (ROI);
- Prioritize features according to market value;
- Adjust features and priority every 30 days, (or as needed); and
- Accept or reject work results.
By attending this two-day course, you will gain the capabilities of mastering the above mentioned responsibilities in addition to a formal certification as a Certified Scrum Product Oowner (CSPO).
Practically, you will be able to do the following:
- Learn how to create the vision of each product;
- Urge the stakeholders to identify the most valuable business user stories;
- Understand the needs of the customers and how to interact with them;
- Groom the product backlog, release backlog and understand the sprint backlog;
- Better interact with the Scrum team; and
- Have fun while doing your work more effectively!
Though each CSPO course varies depending on the instructor, all Certified Scrum Product Owner® courses focus on Scrum from a product owner's perspective. Graduates will receive the CSPO designation. All CSPO courses are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers.