Date: 27-28 March, 2014
Location: Brno, Czech Republic
Regular Price: CZK 29.000
What to expect from the way we train
Over the past years, we have delivered a significant amount of trainings, and each of them allowed us to improve our teaching as well as your learning. In all our trainings we use techniques from Accelerated Learning and in particular principles and concepts from Training from the Back of the Room. Now, trainers can replace the traditional "Trainers talk; learners listen" paradigm with a radical new model for designing and delivering instruction: "When learners talk and teach, they learn." (Sharon Bowman).
This 2-day course highlights how strong Product Ownership is key to a successful agile transformation. Not only will the course enable you to understand the product owner role in depth, it will also enable you to learn the practices necessary to succeed as a product owner.
In this course we will explain how particular agile or Scrum roles typically manifest themselves in enterprise environments. The course is an interactive workshop filled with lots of exercises whose goal is to demonstrate the difference between traditional and agile approaches to product management and software development. We will also discuss real-world organizational changes such as managing large or multiple teams, release planning and tracking progress through the right metrics.
Most importantly we will answer your specific questions regarding your individual situation and organization.
What You Can Expect to Learn
- Product Owner (PO) duties and responsibilities
- The PO's interaction with other Scrum roles and stakeholders (such as customers, users, sales, marketing and management)
- Understand how product planning, product discovery and product definition work in Scrum including taking advantage of early customer feedback and emergent requirements
- Establishing and maintaining a product backlog
- Release Planning
- Writing user stories with clear acceptance criteria
- Estimation of business value
- How to effectively collaborate with the ScrumMaster and team in sprint meetings
- How to predict the delivery date of a project (or the features that will be complete by a given date)
- How to manage your product portfolio
- How to successfully scale the role of the PO
PMP and PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certifications
This course also allows the students to claim 14 Project Management Institute (PMI) Professional Development Units (PDUs) which can be applied to Project Management Professional (PMP) and PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certifications.
Though each CSPO course varies depending on the instructor, all Certified Scrum Product OwnerÂ® courses focus on Scrum from a product owner's perspective. Graduates will receive the CSPO designation. All CSPO course are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers.