Date: 24-25 February, 2010
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Regular Price: CAD1,250
Joe Little will lead a Certified Scrum Product Owner course in Montreal, CA.
Joe is an experienced Agile coach, with in-depth practical experience in helping teams become very productive with Scrum and Agile. He co-teaches these courses with Jeff Sutherland, who co-created Scrum. Joe's blog is Agile & Business, here .
Contact: Julia.Hill@LeanAgileTraining.com if you have questions.
Summary of the Course
Through a combination of immersive team-based learning, exercises, and real-world case studies, you will learn how to:
- Plan, initiate and lead a Scrum project
- Develop the initial Product Backlog
- Improve the identification of Business Value
- Establish a shared vision for the entire team
- Generate an agile release plan utilizing user stories and story point estimation
- Manage the Gap between customer expectations and the Team's ability to deliver
- Improve business value engineering
- Balance new features against digging out of technical debt
- Refactor the Product Backlog continuously
- Lead the Team and yet have the Team remain self-managing
- Work with Stakeholders to make them more effective
CSPO training provides an applied understanding of the Scrum process and helps participants begin to develop the tools, insights, and skills required to apply Scrum on their projects and across their organizations.
The course will run from 9am-5pm each day. A continental breakfast, breaks and lunch will be provided.
Following successful completion of the course, each participant will be enrolled as a CSPO, which includes a one-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, where additional Scrum materials and information are available.
Though each CSPO course varies depending on the instructor, all Certified Scrum Product Owner® courses focus on Scrum from a product owner's perspective. Graduates will receive the CSPO designation. All CSPO courses are taught by Trainers approved by the Scrum Alliance.