Date: 23-24 March, 2017
Location: Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Regular Price: $1,540 excl GST
About the course
Please note | Due to illness Rowan Bunning who was orignally scheudled to conduct this course will now be unavailable. The course will be taken by Simon Bennett of Lasting Benefits instead.
This Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO) training course is an intensive two day workshop on one of the most critical roles defined by the world's most popular Agile framework: Scrum.
We use highly immersive adult learning techniques such as visual modelling, simulations, role-plays and 'Training from the Back of the Room' activities to enable self-directed learning and enhanced retention.
This course is organised and run using Scrum as a management framework. This allows for feedback and flexibility as well as experiencing Scrum in action throughout the course.
The Product Owner role is critical to maximising Return on Investment from agile product development / projects and is one of the most challenging yet rewarding of the agile roles. As the voice of the customer to the delivery team, a Product Owner needs to be able to work effectively not only with end users and other stakeholders but with the team on a daily basis.
This course provides guidance and practical tools for fulfilling the function of Product Ownership using the Scrum framework and a complimentary set of the most widely used Agile techniques including:
- Collaborative Envisioning,
- User Stories,
- Story Mapping,
- Minimum Viable Product (MVP) management,
- Techniques for soliciting customer/stakeholder input on priorities,
- Product Backlog management,
- Rolling Release management, and
- Release Burndown with scope tracking.
You will learn:
- The importance of iteration, learning and risk management in product development.
- What Scrum is and how a Product Owner works in this environment.
- What a Product Owner does and what it takes to perform the role well.
- How to create a shared vision.
- How to create and maintain a healthy Product Backlog.
- How to manage a Release to a successful outcome using agile techniques.
This Certified Scrum Product Owner training course is all-inclusive of a globally recognised certification with the Scrum Alliance for participants who fulfil the expectations of the trainer during the course. Whilst some pre-reading is required, there is no exam to complete after the training course.
This course may qualify Project Management Professionals (PMPs) for 14 PDUs as approved by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
Meet your trainer - Simon Bennett
- Practitioner, Coach, Trainer & Speaker
- Occasional CTO
- Once Global Head of Agile, Lean & Systems Thinking
- Co-Creator of Scrum for Team System
- 25+ years in software
- 15+ years in Agile
- Agile Stalwart
- CALM Founder
Simon is Managing Principal for LASTing Benefits (UK / Australia). LASTing Benefits is a boutique consultancy specialising in augmenting Lean and Agile adoptions with cognitive complexity and systems thinking techniques to create self sustaining organisational change.
Simon’s particular interest and expertise lie in how the systems and scenarios we find ourselves in drive our behaviour; specifically the ways in which we view and interact with each other and how this affects our perceptions of the world and our decision making processes.
This interest in human systems began in the early 90’s whilst working on military simulations. It was during this time that he first learned about OODA loops, game theory and Lean Manufacturing. After a decade of 2167/A based projects Simon then discovered what was soon to be known as Agile Software Development and began experimenting with techniques such as XP, Crystal and Scrum for in-house software development before joining Conchango a UK based consultancy who specialised in the delivery of complex software projects for Blue Chip clients using Agile Methodologies and Lean Software Development.
A popular conference speaker and workshop facilitator, Simon covers a wide gamut of topics with a central theme: from how Game Theory can improve the outcomes of your Agile Contracts, how your employment contract affects your performance (and those around you), what Cynefin can tell us about Scrum and how obsessive backlog grooming could lead to a breakdown in the cognitive abilities of your stakeholders.
Email: info [at] lasting-benefits.com for more information
Testimonials from course participants
“Myself and the 5 Product Owners came away with some really useful methods for writing better stories. I’ll keep an eye out for more of your courses."
- Gameplay Producer, The Creative Assembly
“I have been lucky to have had Rowan as my coach for both CSM and CSPO ceritfications (in fact I chose him for the CSPO after the great experience I had on the CSM course). Rowan brings a wide range of experience in coaching scrum teams and in helping businesses with their introductions of scrum and other agile techniques. I can't recommend Rowan enough."
- Simon Waight, CSM, CSPO and Cloud Architect (blog)
“A fab overview for a non-software developer, and great to see the benefits of Scrum when waterfall is failing time and time again in your organisation!"
- Program Director - major projects, PTG Global
Scrum WithStyle is proud to offer the following great deals:
- $200 off early bird special for bookings made more than 2 weeks prior to the course,
- 5% off group discount when a group of 3 or more participants from the same organisation are booked together, and
- 10% off group discount when a group of 6 or more participants from the same organisation are booked together.
The following table shows the total price inc. GST for each situation.
|Number of people
||Price per person inc. GST
|> 2 weeks prior
||< 2 weeks prior
|1 or 2
|3, 4 or 5
- Two full days training with a highly experienced agile practitioner.
- A printed course workbook including slides and worksheets.
- Full catering during the course including morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
- Certification as a Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) for participants who successfully meet expectations during the course.
- 2 years of membership with the Scrum Alliance.
- A letter of course completion that may be submitted to your employer and/or a professional body (PMI/ACS) for PDUs (available upon request).
To register one or more participants for this course, simply select the "REGISTER" button at the top of this page.
- Credit card - Mastercard, Visa, Amex
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) - enter promo code INVOICE at checkout
- Cheque - enter promo code INVOICE at checkout
If you have any questions, please see the Frequently Asked Questions on our website, or
Call us on (02) 9567 3101, or
Email us at email@example.com
Though each CSPO course varies depending on the instructor, all Certified Scrum Product Owner® courses focus on Scrum from a product owner's perspective. Graduates will receive the CSPO designation. All CSPO courses are taught by Trainers approved by the Scrum Alliance.