Date: 26-27 August, 2013
Location: Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Regular Price: $1700 (Includes GST)
Our Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) training is an engaging two-day course designed to immerse you in Scrum’s fundamental principles while also offering a wide range of highly practical tactics, techniques and tips that work in the ‘real world’. This interactive course features a blend of activities, exercises, in-depth discussions and presentation segments to ensure that all learning styles are engaged. This globally recognized certification comes with a two year Scrum Alliance membership giving you access to the largest community of Scrum practitioners.
Your instructor is a Certified Scrum Trainer and globally acclaimed author witih a book in the hugely popular ‘Mike Cohn Signature Series’ which will be published by Pearson, the largest publisher in the world. In addition, he knows exactly what it takes to transition to the world of Agile and Scrum, having made the leap from his previous life as a PMP and PRINCE2 Practitioner.
This globally recognized certification also comes with a two year Scrum Alliance membership giving you unique access to a growing community of Scrum practitioners. In addition, we also feel that ongoing education is critical so we support you by offering as part of your attendance, a seminal book to start your Scrum library (you’ll have to turn up to find out what other goodies you get in your gift bag...)
This course covers:
- An introduction to Scrum
- An overview of the Scrum framework
- The history of Scrum and Agile
- The ins and outs of the Product Owner role
- Scaling the Product Owner Role
- The role of the ScrumMaster
- The role of the Developer
- Vision creation
- Agile requirements and user stories
- User story mapping
- User experience in Scrum
- The creation of meaningful user personas
- How to create, prioritise and groom your product backlog
- The definition of done
- Release planning
- Portfolio planning
- The economics of Scrum
- Working in sprints
- Sprint planning
- Agile estimation
- Your role in the daily scrums and walk-throughs
- Your role in reviews and retrospectives
- Your ingredients for success
- Your first 12 steps
About The Trainer
Ilan Goldstein is a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) and Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO). In addition, he is also a PMP and PRINCE2 Practitioner.
An active speaker and participant in various Agile, Scrum and Project Management communities, he is currently writing his first book that is based on his popular blog, ‘Scrum Shortcuts Without Cutting Corners’.
He is one of only five CSTs in the world who has been invited to write a book for the highly acclaimed and hugely popular ‘Mike Cohn Signature Series’ which will be published by Pearson, the largest publisher in the world.
Training / Course Style
This course features the right amount of activities, exercises, in-depth discussions and lecture-style segments we ensure that all learning styles are engaged and solidified with real-life scenarios.
Preparing for the Course
To ensure that you are well prepared and ready to go from the very beginning, we highly recommend reading the following resources (they're short and they really will help)
Links to these resources will also be emailed to you upon registration.
Who Should Attend
Product managers, product marketers, business analysts, UX designers, project sponsors and project managers interested in applying the Scrum framework to build the right products will all benefit from this course.
Having come from a PMP and PRINCE2 background and worked in a range of different sized organizations, your instructor Ilan Goldstein is uniquely suited to help others who are looking to make a similar transition.
What Is Included
- 2 years' membership with the Scrum Alliance
- One of the books from the Mike Cohn Signature Series to start your Scrum library
- A goodie bag full of useful and cool stuff
- PMPs are eligible for 15 Professional Development Units (PDUs) from this course
- To keep you energised and at your peak, we provide you with plenty of nourishment. A tasty lunch is provided as is a mid-morning and mid-afternoon snack
- You will also receive a hard-copy of all course materials
- Access to Wi-Fi is also provided
Though each CSPO course varies depending on the instructor, all Certified Scrum Product Owner® courses focus on Scrum from a product owner's perspective. Graduates will receive the CSPO designation. All CSPO courses are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers.