Date: 22-23 May, 2014
Location: The Rocks (Sydney), Australia
Regular Price: $1995.00/Person (group discounts available)
Product Ownership is hard! If you’re a working as a product owner in an agile team, you already know this is the toughest and most critical role in a successful product organization.
If you’re a UX practitioner, senior engineer, or marketing professional in your organization, it may seem like adopting Scrum or agile development has stripped away your ability to contribute as a product decision maker.
If you’re adopting an agile approach, your organization may be struggling with bloated backlogs that aren’t well understood, stressful planning meetings that last too long and fail to get at details needed to deliver predictably, a nagging feeling that you’re building the wrong thing, a lack of time to work with customers and users, chronically late delivery, and frustrated business stakeholders
The Passionate Product Ownership workshop takes on the bad assumptions and bad practices that often emerge from overly simplistic approaches to agile development and Scrum. Jeff Patton will leverage his past product leadership experience, and years of coaching product teams to teach an effective product ownership strategy.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
In this workshop you will learn about the role of the Product Owner and an effective product owner strategy that:
- Positions product owners as collaborative leaders that leverage a team to get their work done;
- Relies on active participation from UX practitioners, lead engineers, business analysts, marketing professionals and others;
- Complements solid Agile delivery practice with effective Product Discovery practice to design and validate product ideas faster;
- Incorporates good product management thinking, design thinking, lean startup thinking, and lean UX thinking;
- Leverages emergent collaborative design practices like Story Mapping, Persona Sketching, and Design Sketching;
- Focuses product ownership on the goal of maximizing successful product outcomes in the market.
Though each CSPO course varies depending on the instructor, all Certified Scrum Product OwnerÂ® courses focus on Scrum from a product owner's perspective. Graduates will receive the CSPO designation. All CSPO course are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers.