Date: 3-4 August, 2017
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Regular Price: $1,540 excl GST
Early Price: $1495 inc GST expires 20 July, 2017
About the course
This Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO) training course is an intensive two day workshop on one of the most critical roles defined by the world's most popular Agile framework: Scrum.
We use highly immersive adult learning techniques such as visual modelling, simulations, role-plays and 'Training from the Back of the Room' activities to enable self-directed learning and enhanced retention.
This course is organised and run using Scrum as a management framework. This allows for feedback and flexibility as well as experiencing Scrum in action throughout the course.
The Product Owner role is critical to maximising Return on Investment from agile product development / projects and is one of the most challenging yet rewarding of the agile roles. As the voice of the customer to the delivery team, a Product Owner needs to be able to work effectively not only with end users and other stakeholders but with the team on a daily basis.
This course provides guidance and practical tools for fulfilling the function of Product Ownership using the Scrum framework and a complimentary set of the most widely used Agile techniques including:
- Collaborative Envisioning,
- User Stories,
- Story Mapping,
- Minimum Viable Product (MVP) management,
- Techniques for soliciting customer/stakeholder input on priorities,
- Product Backlog management,
- Rolling Release management, and
- Release Burndown with scope tracking.
You will learn:
- The importance of iteration, learning and risk management in product development.
- What Scrum is and how a Product Owner works in this environment.
- What a Product Owner does and what it takes to perform the role well.
- How to create a shared vision.
- How to create and maintain a healthy Product Backlog.
- How to manage a Release to a successful outcome using agile techniques.
This Certified Scrum Product Owner training course is all-inclusive of a globally recognised certification with the Scrum Alliance for participants who fulfil the expectations of the trainer during the course. Whilst some pre-reading is required, there is no exam to complete after the training course.
This course may qualify Project Management Professionals (PMPs) for 14 PDUs as approved by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
Meet your trainer - Rowan Bunning
Rowan has trained well over 2,000 people on Certified Scrum courses in Australia and New Zealand since 2008 making him one of the most experienced Scrum trainers in the Australasian region.
Rowan worked as an Agile Coach at one of the top Scrum web design consultancies in Europe and an organisation that offered Agile training by Ken Schwaber and Mike Cohn (two of the most widely recognised names in the global Agile community).
Unlike many Agile Coaches and Trainers, Rowan not only has years of experience in Business/IT Project, but also in ongoing Product Development environments that have proven highly effective without using a project model. This allows Rowan to guide clients in combining the best of both worlds to achieve superior results.
Rowan draws from an extensive Agile toolset with a technical background using eXtreme Programming as well as expertise in Product Management, Lean, Lean Startup, Kanban and Cynefin. He is Cognitive Edge accredited and holds qualifications as a PRINCE2® Practitioner and a trained Innovation Games® facilitator.
A high proportion of Rowan's work is initiated via word-of-mouth recommendation from highly satisfied course participants.
Five reasons to do your Scrum training with Rowan Bunning
- Practical guidance from first-hand experience. Over a decade implementing Scrum in dozens of organisations means that Rowan's guidance is grounded in real world challenges and is highly practical. He speaks from first-hand experience, having worked for years in each of the Scrum roles including ScrumMaster, Product Owner and Development Team Member as well as in a wide variety of other technical, leadership and coaching roles.
- Insightful and inspiring. As past course participants testify, you can expect to take away many deep insights into the nature of Scrum and its potential to transform your organisation and your work life for the better. Stories of what others have achieved with Scrum are likely to inspire you to be a game changer yourself.
- Authoritative, non-proprietary material. Unlike many other training providers who teach proprietary, non peer-reviewed method formulations marketed using the generic umbrella term 'Agile', Rowan's teaching is fully aligned with the authoritative definitions of the most widely used and peer-reviewed Agile frameworks (e.g. Scrum as per the definition endorsed by the Scrum Alliance®) and techniques (e.g. User Stories and Story Point Estimation as per Mike Cohn).
- Take away a comprehensive workbook. As a course participant you will receive a comprehensive course workbook including worksheets on key topics, detailed information on Scrum from a Product Owner's perspective, recommended reading and further resources to assist you post-course.
- Post-course follow-up. Rowan can provide post-training coaching and has done so with a wide range of organisations in industries including banking, federal and state governments, health insurance, superannuation, salary packing, retail, manufacturing, building security, information security and media.
Testimonials from course participants
“Myself and the 5 Product Owners came away with some really useful methods for writing better stories. I’ll keep an eye out for more of your courses."
- Gameplay Producer, The Creative Assembly
“I have been lucky to have had Rowan as my coach for both CSM and CSPO ceritfications (in fact I chose him for the CSPO after the great experience I had on the CSM course). Rowan brings a wide range of experience in coaching scrum teams and in helping businesses with their introductions of scrum and other agile techniques. I can't recommend Rowan enough."
- Simon Waight, CSM, CSPO and Cloud Architect (blog)
“A fab overview for a non-software developer, and great to see the benefits of Scrum when waterfall is failing time and time again in your organisation!"
- Program Director - major projects, PTG Global
Scrum WithStyle is proud to offer the following great deals:
- $200 off early bird special for bookings made more than 2 weeks prior to the course,
- 5% off group discount when a group of 3 or more participants from the same organisation are booked together, and
- 10% off group discount when a group of 6 or more participants from the same organisation are booked together.
The following table shows the total price inc. GST for each situation.
|Number of people
||Price per person inc. GST
|> 2 weeks prior
||< 2 weeks prior
|1 or 2
|3, 4 or 5
- Two full days training with a highly experienced agile practitioner.
- A printed course workbook including slides and worksheets.
- Full catering during the course including morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
- Certification as a Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) for participants who successfully meet expectations during the course.
- 2 years of membership with the Scrum Alliance.
- A letter of course completion that may be submitted to your employer and/or a professional body (PMI/ACS) for PDUs (available upon request).
To register one or more participants for this course, simply select the "REGISTER" button at the top of this page.
- Credit card - Mastercard, Visa, Amex
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) - enter promo code INVOICE at checkout
- Cheque - enter promo code INVOICE at checkout
If you have any questions, please see the Frequently Asked Questions on our website, or
Call us on (02) 9567 3101, or
Email us at email@example.com
Though each CSPO course varies depending on the instructor, all Certified Scrum Product Owner® courses focus on Scrum from a product owner's perspective. Graduates will receive the CSPO designation. All CSPO courses are taught by Trainers approved by the Scrum Alliance.