Date: 3-4 March, 2014
Location: Austin, TX, United States of America
Regular Price: $1,395
NOTE: There is a Certified Scrum Product Owner workshop happening the two days after this workshop. Get both certifications in 4 days! If you want to attend both workshops email email@example.com for discounted registration information.
Why this specific workshop?
That's easy: This is a unique, simulation and exercise based workshop rather than death by PowerPoint. Most attendees notice these differences from other courses they have taken:
- No boredom: fewer than 50 PowerPoint slides are used during the two days (and most of those are a picture and a few words!)
- Learn by doing: there are approximately 20 different exercises and simulations used during the workshop
- High knowledge retention: Using accelerated learning techniques the workshop material is presented in ways designed to maximize learning AND retention
- Whys before hows: workshop explores the principles and values which drive success before getting into successful practices - which allows attendees to understand the practices at a much deeper level
- Fun: every part of the course is designed to keep attendees engaged and having fun while learning the material
Add all this up and this workshop is one you shouldn't miss.
Upon completing the course attendees will receive an email instructing them to set up a profile on the Scrum Alliance website and optionally take a short CSM exam. Upon completion of those items a participant will be recognized as a Certified Scrum Master (CSM) by the Scrum Alliance.
You will learn more than the basic Scrum framework. You will also leave understanding the underlying principles, basic practices and common techniques ScrumMasters (and others - see Who Should Attend tab above) need to know to help their teams achieve project success in a fast-changing world. The workshop covers all of the basics of Scrum as well as a significant amount of material devoted specifically to the skills necessary to become an excellent ScrumMaster. Facilitation, coaching and conflict management skills will be explored. Leadership and being a change agent will also be topics covered during the workshop.
At the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- describe the Scrum framework to others
- roles and responsibilities
- use of each artifact
- purpose of each meeting/ceremony
- explain the difference between the Scrum framework and other methods
- compare with waterfall
- compare ScrumMaster role with traditional roles
- compare the Scrum product backlog with traditional requirements
- be a successful ScrumMaster for a Scrum team
- facilitate each type of Scrum meeting
- know how to detect and correct potential impediments to Scrum success
- help a team adopt Scrum or improve their use of Scrum
- have difficult conversations about process, structures and values
- use several different conflict resolution techniques
- help a Scrum team plan successfully
- plan a release
- plan a sprint
- use different estimating techniques
- create/maintain a prioritized product backlog
- create a personal plan for the future
- list 3 immediate action items for personal change
- pass the Scrum Alliance CSM test
- become a Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) one year after becoming a CSM
Plus You Get All This:
- High quality training based on accelerated learning techniques for better retention
- Continental breakfast, lunch, snacks and drinks
- A USB drive containing a PDF of the course materials and other useful Scrum related content
- A one-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, a $50 value
- A printed and bound copy of the course materials
- Eligible for Agile For All client contests for one full year (we give away awesome prizes several times per year)
- Eligible for $200 discount on future Agile For All workshops (including $200 off of early bird prices!)
Not everyone wants to become a Certified ScrumMaster and that's ok! You can opt out of the certification by telling the instructor ahead of time, or you can simply choose to ignore the messages sent by the Scrum Alliance after the course has been completed.
However, if you want to become a Certified ScrumMaster you can do so by passing a short certification exam after the course. Simple as that!
This workshop will be facilitated by Bob Hartman (www.agilebob.com), one of only a few people who is both a Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Trainer and Certified Scrum Coach. Bob has extensive experience in both training and coaching Scrum teams at organizations including HP, Pearson Education, Starz Entertainment Network, Western Union, Weyerhaeuser, Siemens, Arapahoe County and the University of Iowa. He draws on this broad experience to help attendees leave the workshop with the confidence they can start a project right away. If you are already on a Scrum team you will leave knowing how to do it well and how to help your team achieve a higher level of success.
Don't see a date or location which works for you? Have a team which needs to be trained? Want training to come to you? Don't sweat it! Agile For All does onsite training workshops at reasonable prices. Contact us at 1-303-766-0917 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to see what we can arrange to meet your needs.
Professional Development Units (PDUs)
PMPs: You can receive 14 PDUs for this course.
Need to convince someone else?
Download a PDF brochure you can send to others.
All CSM courses are taught by Trainers approved by the Scrum Alliance. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.