Date: 20-21 May, 2017
Location: Atlanta, GA, United States of America
Regular Price: $1297
Get Certified by Doing Scrum!!
This course provides the fundamental principles of Scrum, gives participants hands-on experience using Scrum and closes with Certification as a recognized ScrumMaster.
"Engaging, fast-paced, fun. Good knowledge of Agile principles supporting scrum methodology." - Richard P.
The ScrumMaster Certification is a 2-day course introducing the concepts of the Scrum, the most popular Agile framework. Scrum is a seemingly simple process that can have profound effects on an organization. Each participant will gain practical experience working with Scrum tools and activities such as the product backlog, sprint backlog, daily Scrum meetings, sprint planning meeting, and burndown charts. Participants leave knowing how to apply Scrum to all sizes of projects, from a single collocated team to a large, highly distributed team.
Following successful completion of the course, you will be qualified and ready to pass the new Scrum Alliance certification test. This multiple-choice, online test is required to become a Certified ScrumMaster. It includes a two-year membership in the Scrum Alliance where additional ScrumMaster-only material and information are available.This course also counts towards the following continuing education requirements:
- PMP's: This course counts for 15 Professional Development Units (PDUs).
- Scrum Alliance Members: This course counts for 16 Scrum Education Units (SEUs).
- PMI-ACP: This course counts is 15 of the 21 contact hours needed to be eligible for the PMI-ACP certification.
What you will learn
- Learn Scrum by doing Scrum - Activity based learning
- Practical, proven practices to get you started right
- How to live and breathe Agile while doing Scrum
- Learn about estimation, story points and get a deck of cards
- The essentials of getting a project off on the right foot
- How to help both new and experienced teams be more successful
- How to successfully scale Scrum to large, multi-continent projects with team sizes in the hundreds
- Tips and tricks from experienced instructors on using Scrum in a wide variety of environments
"I'm surprised I fully assimilated so much information, so completely, in only two days. Excellent instruction." - Shannon L.
- Overview of Scrum (what Scrum is & what Scrum is not)
- Foundation of Scrum (empirical vs defined, history, values, sprints, etc.)
- Roles (ScrumMaster, Product Owner, Team)
- Meetings (planning, daily scrum, review, retrospective, etc.)
- Artifacts (burndown charts, backlogs, etc.)
- Scaling and the human side of Scrum
Who Should Attend
Anyone can attend - No prerequisites This course is intended for those who desire a foundational education and wish explore the benefits of Agile and Scrum including its values, principles and practices. The class is taught in a learning format that is hands-on, experiential and Socratic. Attendees will utilize a variety of exercises, activities, discussions and resources to help them learn and apply Scrum in both software and non-software product development situations.
Roles That Would Benefit From This Class
- Product Owner
- Agile Coach
- Release Managers
- New Scrum Team Members
- Portfolio Manager
- Business Analyst
- Chief Operations Officers
- Departmental Leads
- Product Management Leads
- Project Managers
- Product Managers
About the Instructor
Lizzy is a seasoned executive consultant that focuses on driving measurable results for her clients, processes, employees and financials. Lizzy has over 18 years in-depth experience in delivering software development, project management and strategic consulting. This has given her a unique ability to provide you with the right tools and techniques tailored to the needs of your organization. Lizzy is a trainer who comes with a wealth of knowledge delivered with an innovative flare uniquely Lizzy.
"This is the best training session I have taken - ever! Great teacher, great experience!!" - Marsha P.
Come LEARN with us! Register TODAY!!
All CSM courses are taught by Trainers approved by the Scrum Alliance. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.