Date: 13-15 May, 2014
Location: South San Francisco, CA, United States of America
Regular Price: 1675
“I feel well prepared for the exam and knowledgeable enough about Scrum to start using it in the real world.”
The Certified ScrumMaster course focuses on the primary principles and practices of Scrum through a combination of instruction and exercises. In this course, participants will apply the Scrum framework to build a new product. Participants will learn what it feels like to be on a Scrum team – experiencing many of the challenges they are likely to face – while being coached by one of the most accomplished Scrum trainers in the business. This “learning by doing” style of instruction demands an open mind and active participation.
CollabNet realizes that those responsible for implementing Agile practices at an organization may require more than just the basic knowledge of Scrum provided in the standard 2 day CSM course. This new 3 day CSM + workshop adds to the core fundamentals of Scrum with additional Agile topics like eXtreme Progamming (XP), Kanban, and Lean Software Development - the essential Agile toolkit beyond Scrum.
"The following Monday I launched a new project and was able to immediately apply the scrum methods I learned."
Completion of this 3 day CollabNet workshop will enable participants to:
- Satisfy the Scrum Alliance course requirement to sit for the CSM exam
- Be prepared to take the Scrum Alliance exam and apply for CSM certification
- Gain experience of what it’s like to be on a Scrum team
- Understand the distinctions between Agility, Scrum, eXtreme Programming, and Lean Software Development
"We learned a ton and had fun learning."
This three day course is an extraordinary learning experience that you’ll never forget. Topics include:
- The Scrum framework, meetings, roles, and responsibilities
- Writing User Stories with Clear Acceptance Criteria
- Agile Estimating and Release Planning
- Prioritizing the Product Backlog
- The Definition of Done
- Dealing with Technical Debt and Impediments
- eXtreme Programming (XP) and Lean Software Development Overview
- Agile Risk management, Agile EVM, Kanban, and the Agile Product Manager
- An Overview of the ACP Exam Structure, Scoring, and Strategies for Success
- A 1 hour Practice Exam
- Key Resources for Further Study
"It was the best class I've attended in years."
On successful completion of the course, you’ll receive
- Qualification for ScrumMaster Certification (passing the exam is a required follow-on step for certification)
- Payment of your first two year dues for the Scrum Alliance
- Earn 21 PMI Professional Development Units for existing PMI certification (e.g. PMP, ACP,CAPM) OR
- Earn 21 PMI Contact Hours that will satisfy PMI's Agile Project Management Education requirement for the new PMI Agile Certified Practitioner credential as described in the PMI-ACP handbook
- Understand the Agile Certified Practitioner exam structure and scoring and be able to demonstrate passing level knowledge of ACP exam content
- Membership in the CollabNet Agile Community
CollabNet Certified ScrumMaster Training provides everything you need to confidently engage with a real-world Scrum team.
"I passed the CSM test on the first try without the need for subsequent review."
Why take training from CollabNet?
- Re-take the course at no charge
Get twice the value - attend again for more depth or to get a different perspective
- Use your trainer as your mentor
Build a relationship with your CST and ask whatever you need to be successful in your job
- Pass the ScrumAlliance exam
We'll work with you until you pass the test, so you're assured to earn your certification
Need more reasons? We've trained more than 14,000 Certified Scrum Masters - more than anyone. Check out some of their testimonials here.
What are you waiting for? REGISTER at the top or see more courses here.
All CSM courses are taught by Trainers approved by the Scrum Alliance. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.