Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM)
Two-day training to obtain the most-widely used and recognized Scrum & Agile certification
- Learn the Scrum & Agile mindset and common practices, via hands-on exercises
- Be ready to apply Scrum immediately after the training
- 98% pass rate on the Scrum Alliance CSM Exam
This course teaches the fundamental concepts of the Scrum framework, Agile principles and values. It provides real-life examples of core Scrum and common practices to help you and your team be more successful quickly. Learn the essentials in a fun and engaging way using simple tools and interactive techniques that you can apply right away.
If the class is interested, we'll also add in other topics useful to a Scrum team. e.g. Lean Startup, Design Thinking, Scrum for hardware products, Kanban, etc.
Feedback from Attendees
- "It is rare to find Kelley's combination of subject matter expert and deep caring for his students. I thoroughly enjoyed how lively and active Kelley's course was ..." -- Carol Glennon, CSM, Digital Operations eCommerce Team, Walmart, San Francisco Bay Area, CA
- "The course this weekend was spot-on. I took the exam last night and I'm now a CSM! You are one of the best trainers I've encountered. I'll definitely be taking other courses in the future." -- Stephanie S Griffin, PMP, CSM, Sr Project Manager / Business Analyst, GuideWorks, San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Who Should Attend?
This course is the most known introduction to Agile & Scrum, and hence it is often attended by the full range of people in an organization, CEOs aspiring to be supportive "servant-leaders."
The Agile mindset and Scrum framework can be applied to any type of product or service. Scrum started in software industry in early 1990's, but has since be used for coordinating more activities, including senior management, sales, human resources, education, hardware, and beyond. In the class it is common to see meet people from leadership, project management, software development, test, and more.
- None officially. But, we highly recommend that you read The Scrum Guide, by the creators of Scrum. It's a brief 15 pages, and will serve you well in the class, the exam, and beyond.
- Optional: SourceCell's Scrum Resources for some useful & fun links to more info and videos.
- Learn & practice in a safe environment.
- Get the vocabulary down.
- Dispel common myths.
- Increase your insights, both strategic and tactical.
- Increase your influence, and options
- Save time & frustration by getting it clear.
- Stay current as the industry becomes increasingly Agile. (Scrum is the most comonally used Agile framework by far, so it's good to know it.)
What You Will Get
- High-quality training from an experienced Agile coach & practitioner, with diverse experience in software, hardware, & more. (See below)
- Certified ScrumMaster® title after passing a short exam provided by the Scrum Alliance. (Exam fees included.)
- Two-year membership in the Scrum Alliance membership, a $100 value
- 16 SEUs and 14 PDUs that can be used toward the CSP and PMI certifications
- Free Planning Poker cards
- Useful references and handouts
- Simple Refund & Cancelation Policy -- If your plans change, let us know and we'll help you find an alternative class, or give you a full refund. If we need to cancel a class, we'll give you the choice of a full refund or a seat in another class. We strive to never cancel a class, but something may happen.
- 100% Money-back guarantee, if not satisfied. Just tell me by the end of the course, pre test.
- If you don't pass the test, you can repeat the course until you pass. (98% passes the first time, and no one has needed to repeat the course. But it's an option.)
- Discount to repeat the course, in the future. You'll have even more fun. Solidify knowledge. Get new insights. Meet new people. Practice more to get even better. Email describing your situation and which course you want to take. We'll make it happen.
- A LinkedIn Alumni group to help you stay in touch for new info & jobs.
- Follow-up coaching options to keep you moving forward.
Instructor Kelley Harris
Kelley has been using Agile & Scrum since 2002. He will help you learn the surprising power & simplicity of Scrum, and get you certified in the process. With a deep background in software development, Kelley provides the added perspective of the full life cycle, utilizing Design Thinking, and Lean Startup principles, all the way through Agile/XP engineering practices, deployment, and maintenance. His courses deliver a solid foundation in Scrum, yet based on his broad experience, he can emphasize the core parts that matter most and are easiest to put into action. (more info)
When possible, Kelley invites in a local Scrum Master or Agile coach to give you some extra perspective and contacts.
Private courses & coaching available for your whole team.
More details on the class content
Organizations we've helped