Date: 7-8 February, 2012
Location: Reston, VA, United States
Regular Price: $1495
Get lined up for two certifications while you dive deeper into Agile methods with our three-day combined Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) and PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI – ACP) fundamentals course. In this interactive training, you’ll spend the first day learning the impact and history of the Agile movement. We’ll introduce all of the major Agile practices, specifically eXtreme Programming, Lean, DSDM, Crystal, Kanban, and of course Scrum. In the second part of the intensive training, we’ll move from the why to the how, with the Certified ScrumMaster training. This course goes well beyond the basics to equip students with the practical advice, real world examples and simulation exercises necessary to transition traditional project managers into agile project managers. You’ll not only leave the three-day training with a greater understanding of the agile movement and a Scrum certification, but also with a new confidence in your skills as a project leader and a new network of fellow agile practitioners.
Please contact training at lithespeed.com to request one of these discounts. Please note that we have a limited number of hardship and individual discounts available and that discounts can not be combined:
• Hardship discount (40%) – If you’re between jobs and have been unemployed for at least 2 months.
• Individual discount (20%) – If you’re paying on your own.
• PMI or ALN membership discount (15%) – For members of these organizations.
• Group discount (10% for 3-4, 15% for 5-6, 20% for 7+) – For multiple attendees from one organization.
Attendees will receive:
• 21 PDUs towards PMI continuing certification requirements
• Scrum Lifecycle Poster, with helpful tips summarized in an elegant illustration
• Discount on Sanjiv Augustine's book, Managing Agile Projects
• Free lunch, snacks and beverages
All CSM courses are taught by Trainers approved by the Scrum Alliance. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.