Date: 26-27 March, 2014
Location: Austin, TX, United States
Regular Price: $1300 per person
Taught by the only local Austin CST, David Hawks. As one of the few Certified Scrum Trainers who is also a Certified Scrum Coach, David brings more hands-on expertise to the classroom.
Leading a Scrum team is radically different than traditional project management. Rather than plan, instruct, and direct, the leader of a Scrum team (called a ScrumMaster) facilitates, coaches, and leads. The 2-day Certified ScrumMaster training provides you with the learning and experience required to lead, participate in, or sponsor Scrum initiatives in your organization.
Our goal is to change the way you think about building software.
Upon passing the CSM exam, you will be recognized as a Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) by the Scrum Alliance.
Certified Scrum Master Workshop Description
Through a combination of immersive team-based learning, exercises, and real-world case studies, you will:
- Learn the Responsibilities and Authority of the Scrum Roles (ScrumMaster, Product Owner and Team)
- Prepare to pass the CSM Exam (We have never had anyone fail the exam!)
- Understand the Impact of Scrum on Traditional Roles
- Learn how to Facilitate all Scrum Ceremonies with Confidence (Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Retrospective and Review)
- Know how to create and employ the Scrum Artifiacts (Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog, Burndown Charts)
- Understand the Importance of the Product Increment and the Definition of Done
- Learn how to grow high-performing teams that are having fun
- Realize how to facilitate cultural change as a ScrumMaster within your organization
Through hands-on group exercises we will keep you engaged and having fun!
ScrumMaster training provides an applied understanding of the Scrum process and helps participants begin to develop the tools, insights, and skills required to apply Scrum on their projects and across their organizations.
All CSM courses are taught by Trainers approved by the Scrum Alliance. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.