Date: 8-9 November, 2012
Location: Columbus, OH, United States
Regular Price: $1495.00
All CSM courses are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers. Taking a CSM course and the corresponding evaluation designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.
This two-day ScrumMaster certification prep course provides everything you need to get started with Scrum. On completion, participants are eligible to take an exam which allows them to be registered as Certified ScrumMasters (CSMs), which includes a two-year membership in the Scrum Alliance (www.scrumalliance.org), where valuable ScrumMaster materials and information are available exclusively to CSMs.
This course will introduce the essential concepts and tools of Scrum, highlighting differences between agile processes and traditional "waterfall" methodologies and providing a roadmap for adopting Agile. Participants will learn how to lead development teams towards agile operations by managing product backlogs, planning releases and sprints, tracking and reporting progress, and conducting retrospectives. This course is taught by active Agile practitioners with decades of real-world industry experience at companies ranging from small business to the Fortune 100. Exercises, case studies, and examples are interwoven throughout the course to illustrate the principles being taught.
Please contact training at lithespeed.com to request one of these discounts. Please note that we have a limited number of hardship and individual discounts available:
• Hardship discount (40%) – If you’re between jobs and have been unemployed for at least 2 months.
• Individual discount (20%) – If you’re paying on your own.
• PMI or APLN membership discount (15%) – For members of these organizations.
• Group discount (10% for 3-4, 15% for 5-6, 20% for 7+) – For multiple attendees from one organization.
Attendees will receive:
• 16 PDUs towards PMI continuing certification requirements
• Scrum Lifecycle Poster, with helpful tips summarized in an elegant illustration
• Discount on Sanjiv Augustine's book, Managing Agile Projects
• Free lunch, snacks and beverages
All CSM courses are taught by Trainers approved by the Scrum Alliance. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.