Date: 6-7 May, 2013
Location: Orlando, FL, United States of America
Regular Price: $1,295 General Admission
$1,195 Early Bird (expires 30 days before event)
The data is in, and agile methods have emerged as the dominate modern approach to building products. The Scrum framework is the most popular of the Agile methods, because of its documented results and versatility across several sectors.
- Agile projects deliver on average, 37% faster with 67% better quality
- 66% of all Agile projects use the Scrum framework in some fashion
- Certified ScrumMasters earn as much as 6% more than their non-certified counterparts
This course covers all the internal dynamics necessary to run an Agile team using Scrum. As such, it is useful not just for those in leadership roles, but also for the Team Members delivering a product or service. From analysts to engineers to quality assurance to senior management, everyone benefits from hearing a consistent agile message, in order to get everyone involved in continuous improvement and improved product delivery.
What You'll Learn
- Business Case for Agile methods
- Origins of Scrum and Empirical Process Control
- Role of ScrumMaster, and how it differs from Project Manager
- Role of Team Members, and how their responsibilities change
- Role of Product Owner, and why it's the hardest job
- Product Backlog as a structured, yet flexible requirements artifact
- Sprint Backlog as a short term action plan
- Sprint Planning and negotiating stakeholder expectations
- Sprint Review and what happens when finished work is rejected
- Sprint Retrospective: what works and what doesn't work
- Where Scrum fits in larger projects
- What other Agile techniques that work with Scrum
- ...plus any additional Agile topics the class wants, time permitting.
What You Get
- Comprehensive Workbook covering Scrum
- Soft Copies of official Agile standards
- One deck of Planning Poker estimation cards
- Unlimited access to the certification practice exam
- 100% pass guarantee for the new pass/fail exam, effective September 1st, 2012
- 2 year membership in ScrumAlliance
- 14 PMI PDUs or training hours towards BOTH your PMP and PMI-ACP
Who's Your Trainer
Jesse Fewell is a writer, coach, and trainer for LeadingAgile. In addition to speaking for Agile, Scrum, and PMI conferences, he has collected a broad array of clients in several sectors such as National Security, Aerospace, GIS, Stock Multimedia, Telecom, and Hospitality. A leader in the advancement of management practices, he founded the PMI Agile Community of Practice, helped craft the PMI-ACPâ„ agile certification, and is co-authoring the upcoming Software Extension to the PMBOK Guide®. A graduate of Johns Hopkins University, he is the world’s only certified Project Management Professional (PMP) to also hold the agile designations of Certified Scrum Trainer (CST), and Innovation Games® Qualified Instructor (IGQI).
All CSM courses are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.