Date: 27-28 June, 2011
Location: San Diego, CA, United States of America
Regular Price: $1050
Scrum is a light-weight framework for delivering valuable product to customers by empowering cross-functional, self-organizing Teams. This simple, easy-to-understand framework offers organizations the ability to transform their work environments, restore a focus on the customer and reenergize their employees. Since Scrum is merely a framework where product development activities occur, there exists a great deal of murkiness on how individuals and organizations apply Scrum in a way that is meaningful and valuable for their circumstances.
This two-day course will begin to clear away that murkiness through short, focused lectures by a qualified Certified Scrum Trainer teaching the basics of Scrum as well as practical tools gathered while mentoring and consulting with organizations learning to apply Scrum. An important aim of this course is to leverage the wide-ranging knowledge and experience of the participants, so expect a significant amount of this course will be spent in peer-to-peer interactions, hands-on activities and drawing connections between the classroom material and your day-to-day experience. This course will equip the participants with the knowledge on how to facilitate Scrum in their teams and begin the process of change in their organization.
The learning objectives for this course are:
- List the five values of Scrum and the eight essential Scrum principles.
- Draw a diagram describing the Scrum framework, highlighting all meetings, roles and artifacts.
- Describe the rights and responsibilities of each role in Scrum – Team member, Product Owner, ScrumMaster and stakeholder.
- Discuss with other participants what Scrum means to you and what it will mean to be a ScrumMaster in your organization.
- Watch Scrum in action as the framework of Scrum will be used to deliver the course material.
- Identify the main obstacles to using Scrum in your organization.
- Practice applying ScrumMaster skills to solve real life problems.
- Pass the Certified Scrum Master assessment.
In addition to the objectives listed above, your instructor will incorporate your learning objectives into the class curriculum, provide regular opportunities to reflect-and-adapt on the class direction and make adjustments to achieve your learning objective. By the close of the training, you will have gained the confidence and understanding to begin socializing Scrum within their your organizations and support teams with improving their processes.
All CSM courses are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.