Date: 20-21 August, 2013
Location: San Jose (Cupertino), CA, United States of America
Regular Price: $1300
This two day course—taught by author and popular Scrum and agile trainer Mike Cohn—not only provides the fundamental principles of Scrum, it also gives participants hands-on experience using Scrum, and closes with Certification as a recognized ScrumMaster.
Register before July 22nd to save $100!
Team and multiple course discounts are also available. See below.
This two-day course not only provides the fundamental principles of Scrum, it also gives participants hands-on experience using Scrum. This course puts theory into action through a variety of exercises.
During the course, attendees will learn why such a seemingly simple process such as Scrum can have such profound effects on an organization. Participants gain practical experience working with Scrum tools and activities such as the product backlog, sprint backlog, daily Scrum meetings, sprint planning meeting, and burndown charts. Participants leave knowing how to apply Scrum to all sizes of projects, from a single collocated team to a large, highly distributed team.
Following successful completion of the course, you will be qualified and ready to pass the new Scrum Alliance certification test. This multiple-choice, online test is required to become a Certified ScrumMaster, which includes a one-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, where additional ScrumMaster-only material and information are available. For more information on the certification exam, see this page about the CSM exam.
PMPs: This course counts for 15 Professional Development Units (PDUs) and 15 Scrum Educational Units (SEUs). This course also counts as 15 of the 21 contact hours needed of Agile Project Management Training to be eligible for the PMI-ACP certification.
This course will be held at the Cypress Hotel and will run from 8:30am - 4:30pm each day.
You Will Learn
- Practical, project-proven practices
- The essentials of getting a project off on the right foot
- How to write user stories for the product backlog
- Why there's more to leading a self-organizing team than buying pizza and getting out of the way
- How to help both new and experienced teams be more successful
- How to successfully scale Scrum to large, multi-continent projects with team sizes in the hundreds
- Tips and tricks from the instructor’s ten-plus years of using Scrum in a wide variety of environments
Early Bird! $1200 (through 7/22)
3 or more: Save $50/person/day
10 or more: Save $100/person/day
Multiple Course Discounts
Save $50/day when you register for more than one course.
Other Courses from Mike Cohn in Silicon Valley This Week
August 22 User Stories for Agile Requirements
What You Get
- High quality training from an industry expert
- Recognition by the Scrum Alliance as a Certified ScrumMaster after passing a short certification exam
- A breakfast buffet, a hot lunch buffet, an afternoon snack, and continuously replenished drinks
- A 4 GB USB drive containing a PDF of the course materials, relevant articles by Mike Cohn and others, sample chapters from Mike's books, and other information
- A one-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, a $50 value
- A printed, color copy of the course materials
- Planning Poker® cards for use in estimating with your team
About the Instructor
Mike Cohn is the author of User Stories Applied for Agile Software Development, Agile Estimating and Planning, and Succeeding with Agile. Mike has fifteen years of experience with Scrum and over 25 years of experience in the software industry. He has previously been a technology executive in companies of various sizes, from startup to Fortune 40. A frequent magazine contributor and conference speaker, Mike is a founding member of both the Agile Alliance and the Scrum Alliance.
We are so confident that you will benefit from our training that we offer a 100% money back guarantee. If you aren’t satisfied with the training you received, contact us within thirty days to receive a full refund of the registration fee, no questions asked.
A full refund will be provided if you cancel or transfer your registration to a different event no later than five business days prior to the start of the course. If you cancel or transfer within five business days you will be charged $150 per course.
Don’t see a date and location you like? Want to train a team or department without the hassle of travel? This course is available for onsite delivery. Contact Mike Cohn at 1-888-61-Agile (24453) or by e-mail at Contact Mike Cohn.
Download a PDF brochure with additional information.
Professional Development Units (PDUs)
PMPs: This course counts for 15 Professional Development Units (PDUs). This course also counts as 15 of the 21 contact hours needed of Agile Project Management Training to be eligible for the PMI-ACP certification.
All CSM courses are taught by Trainers approved by the Scrum Alliance. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.