Date: 5-7 June, 2012
Location: Dallas, TX, United States of America
Regular Price: $1675
The Certified ScrumMaster course focuses on the primary principles and practices of Scrum through a combination of instruction and exercises. In this course, participants will apply the Scrum framework to build a new product. Participants will learn what it feels like to be on a Scrum team – experiencing many of the challenges they are likely to face – while being coached by one of the most accomplished Scrum trainers in the business. This “learning by doing” style of instruction demands an open mind and active participation.
CollabNet realizes that those responsible for implementing Agile practices at an organization may require more than just the basic knowledge of Scrum provided in the standard 2 day CSM course. This new 3 day CSM + workshop adds to the core fundamentals of Scrum with additional Agile topics like eXtreme Progamming (XP), Kanban, and Lean Software Development - the essential Agile toolkit beyond Scrum.
Completion of this 3 day CollabNet workshop will enable participants to:
- Satisfy the Scrum Alliance course requirement to sit for the CSM exam
- Be prepared to take the Scrum Alliance exam and apply for CSM certification
- Gain experience of what it’s like to be on a Scrum team
- Understand the distinctions between Agility, Scrum, eXtreme Programming, and Lean Software Development
In addition, students will:
- Earn 21 PMI Professional Development Units for existing PMI certification (e.g. PMP, ACP,CAPM) OR
- Earn 21 PMI Contact Hours that will satisfy PMI's Agile Project Management Education requirement for the new PMI Agile Certified Practitioner credential as described in the PMI-ACP handbook
- Understand the Agile Certified Practitioner exam structure and scoring and be able to demonstrate passing level knowledge of ACP exam content
All CSM courses are taught by Trainers approved by the Scrum Alliance. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.