Date: 5-6 November, 2007
Location: Manchester (Hyde), United Kingdom
Regular Price: 990,- GBP (excl. VAT)
Agile project management is as radically different from traditional project management, as agile processes are different from traditional methodologies. Rather than plan, instruct and direct, the agile project manager facilitates, coaches and leads. This person is called a ScrumMaster.
Accepted participants learn how to be a ScrumMaster and how to make a development team, a project, or an organization agile and successful.
Exercises, case studies, and examples are used to bring home the realization of how to be a Scrum Master instead of a project manager.
Each individual is trained to be able to assume the following responsibilities:
- Remove the barriers between development and the customer so that the customer directly drives development;
- Teach the customer how to maximize ROI and meet their objectives through Scrum;
- Improve the lives of the development team by facilitating creativity and empowerment;
- Improve the productivity of the development team in any possible way; and,
- Improve the engineering practices and tools so each increment of functionality is potentially shippable.
This specific class is taught by: Stacia Broderick and Andreas Schliep
Stacia Broderick is an agile coach and for more than four years has helped teams embrace the principles of and transition to agile. Stacia is a Certified ScrumMaster Trainer as well as a PMP.
Andreas Schliep is a Certified Scrum Practitioner and Scrum Coach. He has 8 years of leadership experience as a team and group leader.
Training - Methodology
We will use a lot of exercises during the class to make Scrum teachable. After the training you will not only understand Scrum, but you feel the difference. This training will give you the feeling of Scrum itself.
The first day is dedicated to the Why and the Philosophy of the Meaning of Scrum. During the second day we cover the tools and the How of Scrum.
Using anecdotes and experiences, we teach the Scrum methodology and how to apply it to be an effective Agile project manager—the ScrumMaster.
Upon graduation, the result of a successful completion of the training, each participant receives an individual license and a copy of the Scrum methodology, Scrum training materials and Scrum software. In addition, Certified ScrumMasters are authorized to participate in “open” development of the Scrum methodology and software, ensuring a growing body of knowledge from a qualified, competent group of certified professionals. Successfully trained participants are also listed as Certified ScrumMasters at www.ScrumAlliance.org.
- All materials, methodology and training materials will be made available for you during the training.
- An individual license to use these materials will be issued to the participants who successfully complete the certification program.
- The material is in English and enhances with every training class. The material is enhanced using more slides, videos and pictures if the trainer deems them useful during a class.
All CSM courses are taught by Trainers approved by the Scrum Alliance. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.