Date: 1-2 December, 2009
Location: London, United Kingdom
Regular Price: £1,400 + VAT
This two-day course not only provides the fundamental principles of Scrum, it also gives participants hands-on experience using Scrum. This course puts theory into action through a variety of exercises. During the course, attendees will learn why such a seemingly simple process such as Scrum can have such profound effects on an organization. Participants gain practical experience working with Scrum tools and activities such as the product backlog, sprint backlog, daily Scrum meetings, sprint planning meeting, and burndown charts. Participants leave knowing how to apply Scrum to all sizes of projects, from a single collocated team to a large, highly distributed team.
Following successful completion of the course, each participant will be designated as Certified ScrumMaster. This certification includes a one-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, where additional ScrumMaster-only material and information are available.
ScrumMaster Certification Exam Required
Following successful completion of the course, you will be qualified and ready to pass the new Scrum Alliance certification test. This multiple-choice, online test is required to become a Certified ScrumMaster for all classes that end after September 30, 2009. After that date, you can no longer become a Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) solely by attending a class. For more information, see this page about the CSM exam.
You Will Learn
- Practical, project-proven practices
- The essentials of getting a project off on the right foot
- How to write user stories for the product backlog
- Why there's more to leading a self-organizing team than buying pizza and getting out of the way
- How to help both new and experienced teams be more successful
- How to successfully scale Scrum to large, multi-continent projects with team sizes in the hundreds
- Tips and tricks from the instructor’s ten-plus years of using Scrum in a wide variety of environments
- What you need to know to pass the Scrum Alliance certification test (for attendees of classes ending after September 30, 2009)
Combine This Class with Other Training
This class will be preceeded by an Effective User Stories class and followed by an Agile Estimating and Planning class in the same location. You can attend each class separately or with this class.
What You Get
- High quality training from an industry expert
- Recognition by the Scrum Alliance as a Certified ScrumMaster after passing a short certification exam
- A hot lunch buffet and afternoon biscuits
- A one-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, a $50 value
- A printed and bound copy of the course materials
Professional Development Units (PDUs)
PMPs: You can receive 16 PDUs for this course.
Don’t see a date and location you like? Want to train a team or department without the hassle of travel? This course is available for onsite delivery. Contact Mike Cohn at (720) 890-6110 or by e-mail at Contact Mike Cohn.
Download a PDF brochure with additional information.
All CSM courses are taught by Trainers approved by the Scrum Alliance. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.