Date: 6-7 December, 2014
Location: London, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Regular Price: £995 + VAT
Scrum in the real world
Ensuring success with Scrum can be a daunting prospect. You have understood thetheoretical benefits of ‘going agile’, but how to implement this in the real world?
This two-day, highly interactive course investigates the Scrum framework in detail from theory and foundations to practical application and pitfalls, covering all the team roles, activities, and artifacts, so that you can be an effective ScrumMaster or member of a Scrum team. The course incorporates the latest 'training from the back of the room' learning techniques and avoids death by PowerPoint! You can find the full agenda via the tab above.
What You Will Receive
- 2 days high quality training from one of the world’s most qualified and experienced Agile practitioners.
- Certified ScrumMaster Certification upon successful completion of the short online certification exam
- 2 year membership of the Scrum Alliance with access to exclusive ScrumMaster material after Certification
- 16 Category B SEUs as well as 15 PDUs (Category A) within the PMI. SEUs and PDUs can be used toward CSP (Certified Scrum Practitioner), PMP, PMI-ACP and other certifications. More about CSP certification here.
- Ongoing support via membership of the agil8 LinkedIn Community.
- Course materials (printed bound copy plus access to electronic versions and other materials)
- Planning Poker® cards for use in team estimating
- Nourishment! A tasty buffet and refreshments available throughout the day
Your Trainer – Agile pioneer David Hicks
David Hicks is a highly respected Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Trainer and Agile Alliance Founder Member, with almost 20 years experience of Agile consulting, training and coaching in a huge variety of contexts. He has trained over 3,000 Certified ScrumMasters alone, and his consulting work for clients large and small crosses a broad range of industry segments. As a result the training you receive is based on extensive experience of Agile in the real world.
David is uniquely qualified across the full range of Agile approaches: Scrum, Kanban, Scaled Agile Framework, Lean, XP, DSDM and Agile Project Management.
You can read about David in more detail here.
"Dave is a first class trainer with excellent knowledge and his ability to impart that information is an art form!”
- Keith Wilson, Scrum Master - Travis Perkins
“David's CSM course has an excellent blend of practical advice, examples and theory, all tied together by his rare and outstanding teaching and mentoring skills.”
- Shane Sendall Snr Project Manager, Snowie Research SA, Switzerland
"An incredible opportunity to discuss the real concerns with implementing Scrum effectively. I’ve come away with a very clear vision of how to do my job!"
- Tim Schooley, Software Development Engineer - McAfee International Ltd, United Kingdom
What Will You Learn?
The two-day Certified ScrumMaster course will give you a sound understanding of Scrum principles and practices in order that you can:
- Participate actively as a Scrum Team member
- Function effectively as the ScrumMaster for the Scrum Team
- Deliver a successful Scrum project
- Explain and sell Agile and the Scrum framework to other key stakeholders
- Define and use the full range of Agile and Scrum Artifacts (Product Backlog, Burndown Charts etc.)
- Set-up and facilitate the various Scrum Meetings
- Understand how to employ scrum in real world circumstances such as distributed Scrum teams, fixed price contracts and third party supplier relationships
- Help your team or organisation to transition to a more Lean and Agile way of working using Scrum
- Understand how to combine the use of Scrum with other Lean and Agile approaches such as Kanban, eXtreme Programming and AgilePM
- Book early and receive an Early Bird discount!
- Reductions are also available for groups over 3 on public courses.
- Agil8 offers additional discounts to the unemployed and charities - please enquire.
Customise your own In-house Certified ScrumMaster Course
For companies seeking in-house training without the need to travel, agil8 can adapt our standard Certified ScrumMaster course to suit your specific requirements and business needs. Contact us directly at email@example.com or telephone +44 (0)207 796 9903 to discuss course content and discounted group rates.
All CSM courses are taught by Trainers approved by the Scrum Alliance. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.