Date: 9-10 August, 2014
Location: London, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Regular Price: £995 + VAT
Whether you are new to Agile principles and have an idea of what Scrum is, or have already spent time involved with teams talking about or implementing Scrum, ensuring success with Scrum can be a daunting prospect. You have understood that the benefits of ‘going agile’ include improving quality, productivity and time to market, but how does this happen in practice? And how can you ensure that you can deliver these process improvements? If you have not undertaken Scrum Training with a formally Certified Scrum Trainer then you may be missing key knowledge and skills that will enable you to make the most of the opportunities afforded by effective implementation of Scrum principles and practices.
This two-day, interactive course investigates the Scrum framework in detail from theory and foundations to practical application and pitfalls, covering all the team roles, activities, and artifacts, so that you can be an effective ScrumMaster or member of a Scrum team.
What Will You Learn?:
The two-day Certified ScrumMaster course will give you a sound understanding of Scrum principles and practices in order that you can:
- Participate actively as a Scrum Team member
- Function effectively as the ScrumMaster for the Scrum Team
- Deliver a successful Scrum project
- Explain and sell Agile and the Scrum framework to other key stakeholders
- Define and use the full range of Agile and Scrum Artifacts (Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog, Increment, Burndown Charts etc. )
- Set-up and facilitate Scrum Meetings (Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective)
- Understand how to employ scrum in real world circumstances such as distributed Scrum teams, fixed price contracts and third party supplier relationships
- Help your team or organisation to transition to a more Lean and Agile way of working using Scrum
- Understand how to combine the use of Scrum with other Lean and Agile approaches such as Kanban, eXtreme Programming and AgilePM
Agil8 is led by David Hicks, pioneer of Agile since the 1990s, Agile Alliance Founder and one of the world’s most qualified and experienced Agile practitioners. David has been responsible for the training and certification of over 5,000 people in Agile.
The agil8 team provides fully accredited Agile training and consulting services in the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Scrum, Kanban and Agile Project Management with a focus on complex and challenging environments. What sets us apart is our experience, pragmatic approach and ability to mix and match differing Agile techniques to a particular set of client or project/programme requirements.
We are the only company in the world accredited and certified in Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Scrum, Kanban and AgilePM/DSDM. Our consulting expertise enables us to support companies with a requirement to scale agile across large and distributed teams.
About your Trainer:
Your course instructor is David Hicks. As a Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Trainer, you can read about David in more detail here. David has been doing Agile consulting, training and coaching in a whole range of different contexts for nearly 20 years, using the full range of Agile approaches including Scrum, Kanban, Lean, XP, DSDM, Agile Project Management and the Open/Agile Unified Process. He became a Founder Member of the Agile Alliance in 2002 and is a regular speaker on the Agile conference circuit. David holds a wide range of Agile qualifications including the following:
- Certified Scrum Trainer
- Lean-Kanban University Certified Kanban Trainer
- Certified Lean IT Trainer
- Certified SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) Program Consultant
- Certified APMG Agile Project Management Trainer
- Certified DSDM Agile Trainer
- Certified PMI Agile Certified Practitioner
Today, in addition to having trained in excess of 1,200 Certified ScrumMasters (both via public and in-house training courses), a large part of his role is to provide Agile consulting and coaching services to clients large and small across a range of industry segments. This means that the training he delivers is based on extensive experience of Agile in the real world.
In order to receive your ScrumMaster Certification (CSM), you will need to attend the 2 day course (your attendance will be registered each day). Following attendance on the course, your name will be registered with the Scrum Alliance (usually within 1 day of the course end date). You will be then be sent an automated confirmation from the Scrum Alliance which provides a link to the new on-line, 35 question, multiple choice exam. Upon successful completion of the exam, you will be designated Certified ScrumMaster. The exam and two years' membership to the Scrum Alliance are included in the course cost.
Comments by attendees of David's previous courses:
- "Altogether, a very informative, educational and enjoyable course. Thanks!"
- "Very useful and enjoyable course backed up with Dave Hicks' extensive practical experience in Scrum"
- "Very enjoyable and informative"
- "I found the style refreshingly honest and devoid of "religious fervour" - as always, the practical war stories were the most informative and helpful part. Also appreciated the reference to other methods (DSDM etc) and parts of their thinking which may be useful"
- "Excellent trainer! Our interest in the course was maintained throughout the course. Practical views from the trainer. Excellent overall!"
- "Dave presented the course material in an extremely interesting and motivating manner"
- "I was happily surprised that the majority of the course covered a generic agile approach coupled with a substantial amount of dealing with change management, in addtion to core Scrum!"
- "Very enjoyable course and Dave was an excellent trainer"
- "Excellent course, really understood Scrum well and in the context of the overall Agile approaches and processes"
- "Extremely good presentation of ideas and concepts"
- "Excellent all round understanding of Scrum and the ScrumMaster role gained from attendance on this course"
- "A very well presented course, much of the content from which I will utilise with my company"
- "Very useful, met my objectives of how to personalise Scrum elements for my organisation"
- "Excellent course, a real eye opener. The trainer opened my eyes to a better way of doing things. Great real world examples"
- "Excllent course for me, spot on!"
- "Really enjoyed the course and have taken a lot from it, especially with regards to estimating, planning and the concept of velocity. I would highly recommend Dave as a trainer"
- "Enjoyable and practical. Suitable for wide range of audiences"
- "Trainer was brilliant - very knowledgeable and I learned lots from him"
- "I thought this course was outstanding. I had 2 years’ experience but learned a lot"
- "Course was great; lecture inspiring; charismatic"
- "Very thorough and advantaged hugely by trainer's hands-on experience"
- "The instructor's knowledge of real world scenarios and applying Scrum was excellent. I'd recommend him for further courses of study"
- "Very good course content; right balance between learning 'core' Scrum theory vs. comparison of Scrum with broader/other Agile methods and 'traditional' project/programme management"
- "Excellent course, which helped to provide knowledge of Scrum, but also specific challenges. Good pace, committed and enthusiastic trainer with ability to tailor/manage course as required"
- "David was an excellent course trainer, was very approachable and delivered the content in an easy to understand format. I would recommend this course to those who wish to embrace Agile and Scrum"
- "A well-presented course with a successful combination of presentations and interactive work"
- "Dave is an excellent trainer. I really appreciated covering scaling Agile to an enterprise level"
- "Dave's real life experiences helps to temper peurile versus pragmatic implementation"
All CSM courses are taught by Trainers approved by the Scrum Alliance. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.