Date: 6-7 December, 2010
Location: Reading, Berkshire, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Regular Price: £850
Many organizations are adopting Agile approaches to improve their software development capability, following the lead of the path-finding Internet era companies who have shown the way to rapid innovation and dominance in their market spaces. This 2-day course provides a great foundation for anyone adopting Scrum, the most popular Agile framework.
Scrum is a deceptively simple framework and you will quickly learn about its roles, artefacts and process. However, its adaptive nature and impact on traditional organizational models and ways of working requires a fundamental grasp of the underlying principles for a truly successful implementation.
We put theory into practice in a number of exercises and simulations which are both enjoyable and instructive.
- Understand the Agile principles and ethos at the heart of Scrum
- Learn the mechanics of Scrum: roles, artifacts and process
- Self-organizing teams and how they work
- Backlogs and how to use them
- Supporting practices
- Potentially shippable code and delivering in vertical increments
- Real control through empirical feedback
- Scaling Scrum without breaking it
- Industry recognized accreditation and foundation on which to build:
- Certified Scrum Practitioner
- Certified Scrum Coach
- Certified Scrum Trainer
All CSM courses are taught by Trainers approved by the Scrum Alliance. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.