Date: 18-20 October, 2017
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Regular Price: 35,000.00
Discovery & Delivery
There are two integral directions for growth 1) Optimization (Reduce Errors) and 2) AHA (Insight, Opportunity). Unfortunately, Optimization have almost all attention. Most organizations fall into the perfection trap and the prediction trap. In contrast, AHA means uncertainty, unpredictability, and serendipity. There needs to be a balance. Mapping this concept onto product development, AHA means Discovery and Optimization means Delivery.
Traditional organization structure and ways of working, or even culture became key impediment for such balance. A revolutionary system change is necessary and this course is the key to start the awakening journey on both individual and organization level.
Daniel’s Discovery & Delivery Journey
Daniel lives with such balance in his life and work (with his teammates). In addition to a Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Trainer and Certified Enterprise Coach, Daniel and his team are founding and engaged in the followings:
- GRail - a leading Europe ground transportation solution provider for non-European tourists. Partnering with Deutsche Bahn, Trenitalia, Italo and Flixbus, as well as online and offline travel agencies in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Grail makes Europe train & bus ticket booking, tax-refund painless.
- HiLife100 - A high-tech start-up with focus on cancer zero level prevention management and cancer precision health care.
- AHA Conference - the yearly conference with most AHAs.
- VioMall - a Cross-Border Electronic Commerce solution provider on car parts.
- Yihuode - a marketing and CRM product for trainers.
What Did Course Participants Say
Terry Wang (SM@Hiiir) & Richard Hsiao (VP Engineering@FunP)
(There was a candidate who shared concern about price on Facebook)
It was an awakening experience. It is priceless. If you need a craniotomy, will you try to find a cheap surgeon?
Weidan Lin - Head of agile adoption, PingAn Insurance
- Three days NO PPT. Recorded all learnings, summaries with Graphic Recording. The trainer shows great skills in learning design and facilitation.
- Under the instruction of trainer, all participants acted as self-organized team. There was no manager at all, but the team was hyper productive. The trainer demonstrated what should a top ScrumMaster look like.
- Everyone is highly engaged, a lot of energetic discussion, a lot of fun, what could be expected in an agile team.
- The trainer extended CSM course to 3 days without addition cost. He shows great responsibility and passion.
- The trainer is a hands-on coach in Scrum team most of the time. He is a tech expert and trainer expert, a great combination of skills.
What You Will Learn
This 3-day course not only provides the fundamental principles of Scrum, it also gives participants hands-on experience using Scrum. This course puts theory into action through a variety of exercises. During the course, attendees will learn why such a seemingly simple process such as Scrum can have such profound effects on an organizations such as GE Healthcare Surgery team. Within one year, the Surgery X-Ray team (including software, Mechanical Engineers, Electronic Engineers) are able to deliver product increment in 2-week sprint, no bug discovered during formal product validation phase before shipping to market. Release cycle reduced from 2.5 yrs a release to 1 year a release. They also achieve continuous delivery in their X-Ray machine product in 2.8 secs build compared to 20+ hrs before.
Participants will gain practical experience working with Scrum and activities such as product backlog, sprint backlog, daily Scrum meeting, sprint planning meeting, and burndown chart. Participants leave knowing how to apply Scrum to all sizes of projects, from a single collocated team to large, highly distributed teams. Participants will also learn about real world adoption and implementation in different types of organizations of different sizes.
All CSM courses are taught by Trainers approved by the Scrum Alliance. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.