Date: 28-29 August, 2017
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Regular Price: NZD $1,900 excl GST
About the course
This Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) course is an intensive deep dive into the world's most popular Agile method: Scrum. It is an immersive learning experience emphasising hands-on participation through a mix of interactive seminars, group discussions, team activities, games and role-plays.
We use highly immersive adult learning techniques such as visual modelling, simulations, role-plays and 'Training from the Back of the Room' activities to enable self-directed learning and enhanced retention.
Unlike Scrum courses with other trainers, this course offers a Trial Scrum Exam on day 1 with answers discussed day 2. This provides you with clear feedback on your Scrum knowledge in preparation for the post-course Certification Exam.
This course is organised and run using Scrum as a management framework. This allows for feedback and flexibility as well as experiencing Scrum in action throughout the course.
You will learn:
- The philosophy, values and principles that guide you in becoming more Agile.
- The nature of principles such as Empirical Process Control, Iteration, Timeboxing and Self-organisation that provide an effective model for working in a complex environment.
- The Scrum roles in-depth and how they fit together to address Project Management.
- How to establish an environment to foster high-performance agile delivery including creating a Definition of Done and keeping a Product Backlog in a well-groomed state.
- Techniques for facilitating and participating in highly effective agile meetings each iteration and each day.
- How to leverage review and retrospective activities to produce better fit solutions and continuously improve our Scrum delivery capability.
Established in 2003, the CSM certification with its globally recognised accreditation from the Scrum Alliance is by far the most popular Agile training offering worldwide. After completing the require pre-reading, the CSM training course is the second of three setups in gaining the CSM accreditation from the Scrum Alliance. The final step is successfully completing the CSM certification exam. For further information, see www.scrumalliance.org/pages/CSM
This course may qualify Project Management Professionals (PMPs) for 14 PDUs as approved by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
Five reasons to do your training with Scrum WithStyle
1. Training experience. Our Principal trainer - Rowan Bunning - has trained over 3,000 people in Scrum after becoming the first trainer based in Australia to offer public accredited Scrum training back in 2008.
2. Real-world stories. Over a decade implementing Scrum in dozens of organisations enriches our training with stories and means that what we teach is what we have seen working ourselves. Rowan has experience in all three Scrum roles as well as a variety of coaching and leadership roles guiding successful Scrum adoptions in all sorts of industries, from small to large scale and from single site to multi-national.
3. Deep insights and inspiration. As past course participants testify, you can expect to take away many deep insights into the nature of Scrum and its potential to transform your organisation and your work life for the better. Stories of what our clients have achieved with Scrum are likely to inspire you to be a game changer yourself.
4. Comprehensive resources. As a course participant you will receive a comprehensive course workbook including slides, worksheets on key topics, detailed reference information, recommended reading and further resources both in the workbook and extensive follow-up email to assist you post-course.
5. Practice test. Our Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) courses provide the opportunity to practice for the CSM Certification Test with 35 multiple choice questions at the end of day 1 and all answers discussed at the start of day 2.
Take the Certification Test with confidence!
Meet your trainer - Rowan Bunning
Rowan has trained well over 2,000 people on Certified Scrum courses in Australia and New Zealand since 2008 making him one of the most experienced Scrum trainers in the Australasian region.
Rowan worked as an Agile Coach at one of the top Scrum web design consultancies in Europe and an organisation that offered Agile training by Ken Schwaber and Mike Cohn (two of the most widely recognised names in the global Agile community).
Unlike many Agile Coaches and Trainers, Rowan not only has years of experience in Business/IT Project, but also in ongoing Product Development environments that have proven highly effective without using a project model. This allows Rowan to guide clients in combining the best of both worlds to achieve superior results.
Rowan draws from an extensive Agile toolset with a technical background using eXtreme Programming as well as expertise in Product Management, Lean, Lean Startup, Kanban and Cynefin. He is Cognitive Edge accredited and holds qualifications as a PRINCE2® Practitioner and a trained Innovation Games® facilitator.
A high proportion of Rowan's work is initiated via word-of-mouth recommendation from highly satisfied course participants.
Testimonials from course participants
“Wow! A superbly run ScrumMaster course which inspires. Great resource set provided at the end too."
- Director, Leaf Data Pty Ltd
“I have been lucky to have had Rowan as my coach for both CSM and CSPO ceritfications (in fact I chose him for the CSPO after the great experience I had on the CSM course). Rowan brings a wide range of experience in coaching scrum teams and in helping businesses with their introductions of scrum and other agile techniques. I can't recommend Rowan enough."
- Simon Waight, CSM, CSPO and Cloud Architect (blog)
“Attending the Certified ScrumMaster course was incredibly helpful. Rowan worked hard to make sure the course content was useful for all attendees, regardless of their backgrounds. The sessions were interactive and we were encouraged to engage with the material, to immediately apply and practice what we were learning. We left with a clear understanding of the Scrum framework as a whole, as well as specific actions we could apply to our own Scrum environments. Massive thanks to ScrumWithStyle - looking forward to future courses."
- Charlie Gavey, 3months, Wellington, NZ
NZD $1,900 excl GST per person. This includes the following.
- Two full days training with a highly experienced agile practitioner.
- A printed course workbook.
- Full catering during the course including morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
- Certification as a Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) for participants who pass the post-course Certification Exam taken online with the Scrum Alliance.
- 2 years of membership with the Scrum Alliance.
- A letter of course completion that may be submitted to your employer and/or a professional body (PMI/ACS) for PDUs (available upon request).
Simply select the "Register Now!" button below to begin online registration through the Equinox IT website.
Alternatively, you can call Equinox on +64 9 307 9450
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All CSM courses are taught by Trainers approved by the Scrum Alliance. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.