Date: 26-27 January, 2010
Location: Oslo, Norway
Regular Price: NOK 13 500
CSM Certified ScrumMaster with Mike Cohn
This two-day course not only provides the fundamental principles of Scrum, it also gives participants hands-on experience using Scrum. This course puts theory into action through a variety of exercises. During the course, attendees will learn why such a seemingly simple process such as Scrum can have such profound effects on an organization. Participants gain practical experience working with Scrum tools and activities such as the product backlog, sprint backlog, daily Scrum meetings, sprint planning meeting, and burndown charts. Participants leave knowing how to apply Scrum to all sizes of projects, from a single collocated team to a large, highly distributed team.
Following successful completion of the course, you will be qualified and ready to pass the new Scrum Alliance certification test. This multiple-choice, online test is required to become a Certified ScrumMaster, which includes a one-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, where additional ScrumMaster-only material and information are available. For more information on the certification exam, see this page about the CSM exam.
You Will Learn
- Practical, project–proven practices
- The essentials of getting a project off on the right foot
- How to write user stories for the product backlog
- Why there is more to leading a self–organizing team than buying pizza and getting out of the way
- How to successfully estimate and plan projects, even fixed-price contract projects
- How to help both new and experienced teams be more successful
- How to successfully scale Scrum to large, multi–continent projects with team sizes in the hundreds
- Tips and tricks from the instructors fifteen–plus years of using Scrum in a wide variety of environments
- What you need to know to pass the Scrum Alliance certification test (for attendees of classes ending after September 30, 2009)
Who Should Attend
Whether you’re a manager, programmer, tester, analyst, product manager, or someone interested in working on or with a Scrum team, this course is suited for you. You will leave with solid knowledge of how and why Scrum works. Through practical, hands–on exercises and small–group discussion you will be prepared to plan your first sprint immediately after this class.
About the Instructor
Mike Cohn is the author of User Stories Applied for Agile Software Development and Agile Estimating and Planning, as well as the eagerly anticipated Succeeding with Agile: Software Development Using Scrum. Mike has fifteen years of experience with Scrum and over 25 years of experience in the software industry. He has previously been a technology executive in companies of various sizes, from startup to Fortune 40. A frequent magazine contributor and conference speaker, Mike is a founding member of both the Agile Alliance and the Scrum Alliance.
Combine This Class With Other Training
This class will be followed by Certified Scrum Product Owner training in the same location. You can attend these classes separately or together.
What You Get
- High quality training from an industry expert
- Recognition by the Scrum Alliance as a Certified ScrumMaster after passing a short certification exam
- Fruit in the morning, sandwiches mid-morning, a lunch buffet, an afternoon snack, and drinks
- A one-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, a $50 value
- A printed and bound copy of the course materials
Don’t see a date and location you like? Want to train a team or department without the hassle of travel? This course is available for onsite delivery. Contact Mike Cohn at (720) 890-6110 or by e-mail at Contact Mike Cohn.
Download a PDF brochure with additional information.
Professional Development Units (PDUs)
PMPs: You can receive 15 PDUs for this course.
All CSM courses are taught by Trainers approved by the Scrum Alliance. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.