Date: 3-4 October, 2011
Location: Galway, Galway, Ireland
Regular Price: €990
This two day ScrumMaster and Estimation class will teach you the fundamental principles of Scrum, qualifying you as a Certified ScrumMaster. Leading a Scrum team is radically different to traditional project management. Rather than plan, instruct, and direct, the leader of a Scrum team (called a ScrumMaster) facilitates, coaches and leads.
In this intensive and highly interactive workshop, you will learn to deal with the obstacles that confront Scrum teams. You will also put theory into practise through a variety of exercises and take-aways to use with co-workers.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be enrolled as a Certified ScrumMaster. This includes a two-year Scrum Alliance membership, where additional ScrumMaster-only material and information is available.
More importantly, upon completion of this workshop you'll leave with an understanding of Scrum and how to put it into practise and succeed with it. You will be able to share your experience with your colleagues and help your teams xecute Scrum efficiently and productively.
PMI members can claim up to 14 PDU's upon completion of this course.
IMPORTANT: CHANGES TO CSM CERTIFICATION
Effective 1 October 2009,the criteria for achieving Scrum Master Certification will change. As well as completing a Certified ScrumMaster course, all CSMs will also be required to pass a Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) online certification exam to maintain certification.
LEARN HOW TO:
- Apply practical approaches to increasing productivity, while increasing Product Owner and management satisfaction
- Learn from feedback and run engaging retrospectives
- Explore techniques for applying Scrum to large and distributed teams
- Use Scrum and corporate governance and quality models
- Deal with the obstructions to high productivity on your Scrum team, such as:
- Incomplete stories at Sprint-end
- Estimation in Storypoints and Hours (Release Planning and Sprint Planning), estimating bugs and maintenance work
- Technical debt and legacy problems
- Obscure "technical" backlog items or user stories
- Sprints with lengthy analysis and time-consuming testing
All CSM courses are taught by Trainers approved by the Scrum Alliance. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.