Date: 13-14 January, 2018
Location: Bangalore, India
Regular Price: INR 26999 + GST
Increasingly intense competition in fast-changing markets is forcing organizations to find better ways to develop new products and bring them to market – faster, better, cheaper. The Agile approach to product development is gaining popularity in software development, but it is based on a collection of values, principles and practices that are universally applicable to any type of complex work.
Scrum is a simple framework that enables organizations to take the Agile approach to creating the highest value in the shortest time. Consisting of only a few roles, events, artifacts and the rules that bind them together, Scrum has given many organizations the ability to surface problems, as well as opportunities, so that they can be addressed.
Many organizations fail to generate much benefit from using Scrum because they do not understand that implementing Scrum requires a shift in organisational thinking. This course aims to be thought-provoking, to equip participants with a deep understanding of the paradigm shift necessary that accompanies successful Scrum implementations.
By the end of the course, participants should be able to articulate the following:
- What Agile is, what it is for, and why.
- The difference between traditional and Agile development approaches.
- What type of projects are Agile/Scrum applicable.
- What is the Scrum framework, where it comes from.
- The details of the Scrum framework – the roles, artifacts, events and values – what they are, why and how to apply them.
- A few other practices that are not part of Scrum, but complement it.
- Common pitfalls to avoid, and how to get the most out of using Scrum.
- A new perspective of their own organization; how it might need to change to become more Agile.
Participants will engage in active, experiential learning about Agile and Scrum concepts through interactive exercises, lectures, discussions and simulations.
All CSM courses are taught by Trainers approved by the Scrum Alliance. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.