Date: 28-29 November, 2017
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Regular Price: £995 + VAT
Scrum in the real world
Ensuring success with Scrum can be a daunting prospect. You have understood the theoretical benefits of ‘going agile’, but how to implement this in the real world?
This two-day, highly interactive course investigates the Scrum framework in detail from theory and foundations to practical application and pitfalls, covering all the team roles, activities, and artifacts, so that you can be an effective ScrumMaster or member of a Scrum team. The course incorporates the latest 'training from the back of the room' learning techniques and avoids death by PowerPoint! You can find the full agenda via the tab above.
What You Will Receive
- Two 2 days of high quality training from an experienced Agile practitioner and Certified Scrum Trainer
- Certified ScrumMaster Certification upon successful completion of the short online certification exam
- 2 year membership of the Scrum Alliance with access to exclusive ScrumMaster material after Certification
- For PMI PMPs, this course provides 14 Category B PDUs. This course also provides 14 Category B Scrum Alliance Education Units (SEUs) towards Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), PMP, PMI-ACP and other certifications. To learn more about CSP certification, please see here
- Ongoing support via membership of the agil8 LinkedIn Community.
- Course materials (printed bound copy plus access to electronic versions and other materials)
- Planning Poker® cards for use in team estimating
- Nourishment! A tasty buffet and refreshments available throughout the day
Your Trainer – Karim Harbott
Karim Harbott is an experienced enterprise Lean-Agile Coach, trainer and international speaker based in the UK. He has guided many large organisations through Agile transformations and helped them on their journey to continuous improvement in their product development capability. As a trained business and executive coach, Karim is well placed to build internal capabilities in an organisation; be it developing Agile Coaches, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Developers or working at the C-level to help leaders make the changes necessary to enable large-scale collaboration and true business agility.
Karim is one of only a handful of people globally to hold both the Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Trainer® (CST) and Certified Enterprise Coach® (CEC) status. He is also a Certified LeSS Trainer®, SAFe Program Consultant®, Accredited Kanban Trainer®, and ICF Professional Certified Coach®.
You can read about Karim in more detail here.
What Will You Learn?
The two-day Certified ScrumMaster course will give you a sound understanding of Scrum principles and practices in order that you can:
- Participate actively as a Scrum Team member
- Function effectively as the ScrumMaster for the Scrum Team
- Deliver a successful Scrum project
- Explain and sell Agile and the Scrum framework to other key stakeholders
- Define and use the full range of Agile and Scrum Artifacts (Product Backlog, Burndown Charts etc.)
- Set-up and facilitate the various Scrum Meetings
- Understand how to employ Scrum in real world circumstances such as distributed Scrum teams, fixed price contracts and third party supplier relationships
- Help your team or organisation to transition to a more Lean and Agile way of working using Scrum
- Understand how to combine the use of Scrum with other Lean and Agile approaches such as Kanban, eXtreme Programming and AgilePM
- Book early and receive an Early Bird discount!
- Reductions are also available for groups over 3 on public courses.
- Agil8 offers additional discounts to the unemployed and charities - please enquire.
Customise your own In-house Certified ScrumMaster Course
For companies seeking in-house training without the need to travel, agil8 can adapt our standard Certified ScrumMaster course to suit your specific requirements and business needs. Contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +44 (0)207 796 9903 to discuss course content and discounted group rates.
All CSM courses are taught by Trainers approved by the Scrum Alliance. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.