Date: 15-16 June, 2009
Location: Aalborg, Denmark
Regular Price: 15,000 Dkk
Agile is not just fun-in-the-sun, nor is it laid-back-California-guitar-playing-development. Scrum is a technique that is easy to describe and hard to do. It is probably impossible to teach: it ultimately must be learned through experience. In this course, we’ll immerse you in those experiences, and you’ll emerge empowered to take on the world of high-powered product development.
This two-day seminar is designed to give aspiring and beginning ScrumMasters and team members the foundations of Scrum and Agile practice. Chock full of exercises, the seminar creates lasting memories and learnings you can carry through into your team so you can avoid common Agile pitfalls. The seminar is designed and taught by Jim Coplien, author of Organizational Patterns, which Pete Behrens says “identif[ies] the key criteria leading to successful efforts and high-performing teams,” that Michael Beedle calls “the first documentation that ever existed on true Agile development,” and about which Linda Rising says “the penalty for not knowing these patterns can be severe.” The seminar draws on the principles and deep structures of these Agile foundations to go beyond rote learning and sound bites to a deep and lasting foundation for software development excellence. The course draws on years of broad experience with international and multisite development.
By the end of the course you will …:
- …become part of the Scrum community
- …gain new tools for effective team communication
- …start improving delivery of a committed product in a supportive and productive work environment
- …have mastered skills in widely-practiced planning techniques
- …know how to soberly and astutely take charge of change
- …foresee immediate improvements in your quality and almost certain improvements in customer satisfaction
- …have skills to help your team work seamlessly as a true team
- …know how to bring problems to the surface so you can fix them
- …deeply feel the power of working as an uninterrupted team
- …gain confidence in taking ownership of your product’s destiny
- …learn the satisfaction of being a servant leader
All CSM courses are taught by Trainers approved by the Scrum Alliance. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.