Date: 14-16 August, 2013
Location: Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Regular Price: 7000
This three-day course not only provides the fundamental principles of Scrum, it also gives participants hands-on experience using Scrum. This course puts theory into action through a variety of exercises. During the course, attendees will learn why such a seemingly simple process such as Scrum can have such profound effects on an organization. Participants gain practical experience working with Scrum tools and activities such as the product backlog, sprint backlog, daily Scrum meetings, sprint planning meeting, and burndown charts. Participants leave knowing how to apply Scrum to all sizes of projects, from a single collocated team to a large, highly distributed team. Participants will also learn about real world adoption and implementation in different types of organizations of different sizes in China.
Following successful completion of the course, you will be qualified and ready to pass the new Scrum Alliance certification test. This multiple-choice, online test is required to become a Certified ScrumMaster, which includes a one-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, where additional ScrumMaster-only material and information are available.
You Will Learn
- Practical, project–proven practices
- What kind of projects are more fit for Scrum and Agile development
- How does Scrum and Agile manage risk
- How to avoid to create a bad Product Backlog
- How to write user stories for the product backlog and what is user story's life cycle
- The essentials of getting a project off on the right foot
- Self-organization doesn't mean let go everything. What can ScrumMaster do to enable it?
- How to successfully estimate and plan projects, even fixed-price contract projects
- How to successfully scale Scrum to large, multi–continent projects with team sizes in the hundreds
- Tips and tricks from the instructors years of using Scrum in a wide variety of environments
- What you need to know to pass the Scrum Alliance certification test.
- Learn how testing first help us to better understand the business needs
- Why testing first will improve the quality of our product and to save time upon product conception
What You Get
- High quality training from an industry expert
- Recognition by the Scrum Alliance as a Certified ScrumMaster after passing a short certification exam
- A one-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, a 50$USD value
- A copy of the course materials
All CSM courses are taught by Trainers approved by the Scrum Alliance. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.