Date: 12-13 September, 2017
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Regular Price: CAD$1750
This course is taught by David Sabine -- experienced BERTEIG Scrum Trainer.
100% satisfaction guaranteed
In the last 12 months, 98% of course attendees have said David's CSM and CSPO courses are better than other courses they have taken. Over 35% of those participants said the course was the best course they had ever attended.
"Enjoyed real life examples, creative flip charts, engaging discussions and very lively sessions coordinated by David."
Director, Corporate Support
"I could sincerely relate and agree to everything David presented about scrum methodology. I was never bored and was easy for me to stay focused and participate."
"David is a captivating instructor!"
"David was very engaging and was able to bring real world experience to the class."
Product Owner & Delivery Consultant
This Learning Event is ideal for those who want to create:
- high-performance teams that out-perform the competition
- exceptional quality products that delight customers
- a culture of continuous growth and capacity-building for individuals and teams
- dramatically reduced time-to-market
- ultra-efficient work processes
By successfully completing this Learning Event you will be able to:
- Remove obstacles that prevent teams from becoming high-performance.
- Enable a team to follow the Scrum process to deliver great products and continuously improve their quality.
- Describe Scrum to others including roles, meetings, artifacts and principles.
- Fulfill the requirements of the Certified ScrumMaster program including preparation for the CSM Exam.
In-depth simulation of Scrum in practice
Backlog Refinement techniques
Sprinting & Scrum execution
Understand the role of the ScrumMaster
Changing organizations with Scrum
Why Choose this Course?
- David has worked with many organizations of many sizes and in many industries over the past 18 years
- David's background is technical but he also has strong business experience leading to a balanced, practical perspective on the use of Scrum
- David is also an expert in other Agile methods so he can guide you if Scrum is not a perfect fit for your work
- David brings real world experience to his training - ongoing experience as a consultant, coach (for our clients) and current participant in an agile team (his own business with three other business partners and two staff).
- David frequently receives “best training ever” ratings on his training.
- David is frequently called back to do repeat training in an organization and many participants in his training refer their friends and colleagues.
- No PowerPoint slides! Exercises, discussions, simulations dominate the course.
"David is very knowledgeable. Would recommend this course to anyone!"
"I really enjoyed David relating concepts and methods back to his experiences."
"I have enjoyed two courses with David. He is truly great at engaging the class and passionate about what he does."
Customer Care Project Leader
Additional Benefit One:
All attendees receive as part of their course registration as many decks of Planning Poker cards as you can use! If you need more than three decks, please let us know in the comments section of the registration so that we can bring extras for you. The most we have given to one individual so far is 100 decks (we have nearly 5000 left)!!! Each deck has four sets. Therefore, most Scrum teams need two or three decks.
Additional Benefit Two:
All attendees receive a free electronic copy of Mishkin Berteig's book "Agile Advice". This book is an edited, updated collection of Mishkin's most popular and best articles from AgileAdvice.com with a bonus of three major articles that will never be published on the blog./p>
In addition, everyone gets a free physical copy of one other book of their choice from our list of recommended reading. Topics include organizational culture, teamwork, Agile and Scrum-specific topics, technical practices and business. You will choose a book at the end of the course.
Additional Benefit Three:
David is connected to thousands of Agile Experts around the world due to his travels and long participation in the Agile community. If he doesn't know the answer to a question, he knows someone who does! Of course, David brings a wealth of experience to the class and can help you understand even the most difficult aspects of Scrum, apply it to real-life, and can share both great success and failure stories! Sometimes there isn't enough time in class to get to everyone's questions - feel free to ask anything you want after the class by email or by phone. If David doesn't have a good answer for your question, he can almost certainly connect you with someone who does have the answer!
Additional Benefit Four:
As Registered Education Provider with Scrum Alliance and a BERTEIG Scrum Trainer, David regularly facilitates Certified ScrumMaster and Certified Scrum Product Owner training seminars. BERTEIG is a Registered Education Provider with the Project Management Institute and our Certified ScrumMaster and Certified Scrum Product Owner courses have been approved by the PMI for Category A PDUs: details at CCRS.PMI.org.
All CSM courses are taught by Trainers approved by the Scrum Alliance. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.