Date: 22-23 August, 2011
Location: Gent, Belgium
Regular Price: â‚¬1420+VAT
Come learn Scrum the right way
Learn why Scrum works and how to implement it successfully in your organization.
Scrum might look simple, but doing it correctly is hard. In fact, most teams fall short of getting all the benefits it promises. When you do Scrum right, the improvements are amazing: increased quality and alignment with business, faster time to market, higher team motivation and productivity... who would want to miss out on all this? That's why it's so important to start your Scrum journey the right way: by taking a high quality Scrum Alliance Certified ScrumMaster training led by one of the top Scrum experts in the world.
In this two-day training you will learn how to get a Scrum project up and running. The training is highly interactive and you will leave with lots of practical hands-on experience, plus dozens of tips and tricks on what you need to do to succeed with Scrum in your organization. And if you are already doing (or trying to do) Scrum, this training will help you understand what your team is doing well and what you need to improve to take it to the next level.
This training is led by Xavier Quesada Allue, one of the few people in the world with both top level certifications from the Scrum Alliance: Certified Scrum Coach (CSC) and Trainer (CST). All Certified ScrumMaster courses are given by CSTs - the difference is in the CSC. Certified Scrum Coaches are experts in doing Scrum - they spend a significant amount of time in the trenches of large organizations rolling out Scrum in the hardest-to-imagine scenarios. That's why it's so valuable to learn from a CSC - you are learning from an expert with tons of experience. Xavier has coached hundreds of people at some of the largest Belgian organizations (De Post, Belgacom) and has never had a team fail a project!
In this course you will learn:
- The underlying principles and values of Lean Thinking and Agile that make Scrum work.
- How to get a Scrum project started, from product vision to Product Backlog.
- The Scrum roles and responsibilities and how to map them to your existing organization.
- The Scrum meetings and ceremonies and how to facilitate them so they go well.
- Agile Estimating and Planning: how to plan and keep track of progress in your Scrum project.
- Visual Management: how to empower self-organizing teams while creating transparency and trust.
- Technical practices: what you need to know about developing software in an Agile way, and why it matters.
- Advanced topics: how to scale Scrum, do Scrum with offshore, and extend Scrum beyond your team.
- Beyond the CSM: how to continue your education and experience after this initial training.
Are there other things you want to learn? Bring your questions with you! The course foresees open space for discussing your real-life situations and helping you out.
After successfully completing this course and taking an online self-assessment, participants will receive the Certified ScrumMaster certification from the Scrum Alliance, plus a one year paid membership.
Besides one of the best trainings in the industry, you get:
- Breakfast, lunch, and coffee breaks.
- Printed courseware materials.
- The Scrum Manual, a short e-book on Scrum written by Xavier.
- Planning poker card deck.
- Visual Management cheat sheet.
The training is given in English. All training materials are also in English.
All CSM courses are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.