Date: 11-12 December, 2014
Location: Mechelen, Belgium
Regular Price: €1290+VAT
Learn Scrum the right way
The #1 training that helps you understand why Scrum works and how to implement it successfully in your organization.
Scrum might look simple, but doing it correctly is hard. In fact, most organizations fall short and obtain only a small percentage of the benefits that can be achieved. That's why it's so important to start your Scrum journey the right way: by taking a high quality Scrum Alliance Certified ScrumMaster training led by one of the top Scrum experts in the world.
In this two-day training you will learn how to get a Scrum project up and running. The training is highly interactive and you will leave with lots of practical hands-on experience, plus dozens of tips and tricks on what you need to do to succeed with Scrum in your organization. And if you are already doing (or trying to do) Scrum, this training will help you understand what your team is doing well and what you need to improve to take it to the next level.
This training is given by Xavier Quesada Allue, former head coach at Belgacom, founding member of Agile Belgium, international conference speaker, author of the "Visual Management Blog" and one of the few people in the world with both top level certifications from the Scrum Alliance: Certified Scrum Coach (CSC) and Certified Scrum Trainer (CST). Xavier is one of the most experienced Agile Coaches in Belgium and he shares many stories on how to implement Scrum successfully in large and small Belgian companies in this training.
In this course you will learn:
- The underlying principles and values of Lean Thinking and Agile that make Scrum work.
- How to get a Scrum project started, from product vision to Product Backlog.
- The Scrum roles and responsibilities and how to map them to your existing organization.
- The Scrum meetings and ceremonies and how to facilitate them so they go well.
- Agile Estimating and Planning: how to plan and keep track of progress in your Scrum project.
- Visual Management: how to empower self-organizing teams while creating transparency and trust.
- Technical practices: what you need to know about developing software in an Agile way, and why it matters.
- Advanced topics: how to scale Scrum, do Scrum with offshore, and extend Scrum beyond your team.
- Beyond the CSM: how to continue your education and experience after this initial training.
The course also foresees open space for discussing your real-life situations and helping you out.
After successfully completing this course, participants will be entitled to take the online exam to obtain the Certified ScrumMaster certification from the Scrum Alliance, plus a two year paid membership. More information on:
Besides one of the best trainings in the industry, you get:
- Breakfast, lunch, and coffee breaks.
- All courseware materials in electronic format.
- A deck of Planning Poker cards
- PMI members can claim 15 PDU's
The training is given in English. All training materials are also in English.
Both days welcome at 8h30. Course runs from 9h - 17h30
€1.290 (VAT excl.)
Schaliënhoevedreef 20E (1st floor)
Inscribe here: http://www.agilar.be/trainings/217-certified-scrummaster-in-english
All CSM courses are taught by Trainers approved by the Scrum Alliance. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.