Date: 10-11 February, 2014
Location: Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Regular Price: $1545 (excluding GST)
Get your Certified ScrumMaster training with a globally acclaimed author and trainer.
So why should you train with AxisAgile?
- You get to train with Ilan Goldstein, an internationally acclaimed Certified Scrum Trainer (CST) and author of 'Scrum Shortcuts Without Cutting Corners', the newest book to join the 'Mike Cohn Agile Signature Series' published by Pearson. (See below)
- You get TWO trainers! Ilan is joined by Colin Tan, a highly experienced trainer, ScrumMaster and Product Owner specialist. (See below)
- You leave our course with a goodie bag full of useful stuff so you can hit the ground running when you get back to your Scrum teams (See below)
- Our course is all about Scrum in the real world. Our focus is on highly practical tactics, techniques and tips that are tried and tested.
- Our course agenda covers everything you need to thrive in your role as a ScrumMaster. (See below)
- The feedback doesn't lie - check out some of our testimonials below to see how happy our attendees are with our course. There are more testimonials available on our website!
Our interactive course features a blend of activities, exercises, in-depth discussions and presentation segments to ensure that all learning styles are engaged.
You get two trainers
Your courses are led by two highly experienced, world-acclaimed instructors who are super energetic, passionate and funny (some would say at least...). Training with two instructors ensures a broader variety of war stories, more dynamic delivery, not to mention more parallel processing power to answer all questions thrown at us!
About Ilan Goldstein
Ilan Goldstein is a globally recognised Scrum trainer and consultant with extensive experience working with start-ups, market leaders, government agencies, universities and public companies, all over the world to help improve their agility through the implementation of Scrum.
He is the author of the 'Mike Cohn Agile Signature Series' book, 'Scrum Shortcuts Without Cutting Corners' (published by Pearson under the Addison-Wesley brand) and is a founder of both AxisAgile (an Agile training and consulting company based in Sydney) as well as Scrum Australia (a national not-for-profit organization focused on growing and enriching the Australian Scrum community). Ilan is a regular conference speaker, contributor to industry publications and blogger.
About Colin Tan
Colin Tan has held the roles of Senior Business Analyst, Product Analyst, Product Manager and User Experience Manager with an array of diverse organizations before finally arriving at his true calling and passion, the role of Scrum Product Owner.
He is the artist for 'Scrum Shortcuts Without Cutting Corners', a Scrum-focused book in the popular 'Mike Cohn Agile Signature Series’ (published by Pearson under the Addison-Wesley brand). Along with being a Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), a Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and Agile trainer, Colin is also on the board of Scrum Australia.
What is included in each course?
A copy of Scrum Shortcuts Without Cutting Corners
You get a copy of 'Scrum Shortcuts Without Cutting Corners', the latest addition to the ‘Mike Cohn Agile Signature Series’ (the premiere book series on Scrum and Agile globally). This book is full of great Agile tactics, tips and tricks that many have found to be invaluable. But don't take our word for it, check out the reviews on Amazon!
Scrum Alliance Membership & Online Assessment Fee
At the conclusion of our course, you will become a member of the Scrum Alliance. Join the largest community of Scrum professionals and make the most of your two year membership by reading and submitting articles, going to global Scrum gatherings, regional gatherings and being a part of this ever-growing community.
The online Certified ScrumMaster assessment fee is also included with this course.
We're here to support you!
Don't worry, when you've concluded your training with us, we're still here to help. Email us and we'll reply. That's another advantage of having two highly experienced trainers. There's more of us to go round!
Two decks of Planning Poker cards
Not only do you get to play some Planning Poker during our courses, you also get to take home two decks of high quality AxisAgile Planning Poker cards. Each deck has four colours and instruction cards so you can kick off your estimation sessions with a bang!
Stylish USB pen with all electronic materials
Getting a USB stick with all of the electronic course materials is cool. What’s even cooler is getting a stylish pen that has an embedded USB stick with not only the course materials but additional reading as well!
Workbooks to help you connect with the course
As well as an electronic copy of all of the slides and other materials, on the day you will receive a fill-in-the-gaps, workbook to use and follow along with during the course. This has been specifically designed to help reinforce key learnings.
Our viral Scrumtrooper posters have proven to be a hit around the world and although you can download all of them for free from our Scrumtrooper Gallery, you receive a laminated copy of one of our favourites. Which one will you get...?
Two booklets to help you on your agile journey
You don’t just receive a best-selling Scrum book but you also receive two really helpful booklets written by another industry expert, Pete Deemer. The ‘Distributed Scrum Primer’ offers hints and tips to help make Scrum work across a geographically dispersed team and the ‘Manager and Scrum’ offers a brief Scrum overview targeted at senior managers.
- To keep you energised and at your peak, we provide you with plenty of nourishment. A tasty lunch is provided as is a mid-morning and mid-afternoon snack.
- For Project Management Professionals (PMPs), this course counts for 15 Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- This course also counts for 15 of the 21 hours of Agile Project Management Training for your PMI-ACP Certification
Here's what our course covers:
- A Scrum and Agile overview
- Selling Scrum to senior stakeholders
- When to apply Scrum
- Scrum values
- Creating a Product Vision
- Prioritising and refining the Product Backlog
- User stories, Epics and Themes
- Splitting Epics into Sprint-Ready Stories
- The Definition of Done and non-functional constraints
- Test Automation starting points
- How to foster self-organising teams
- Scrum Roles - The ScrumMaster, the Product Owner and the Development Team
- Becoming a Masterful ScrumMaster
- Working in Sprints
- Sprint Planning and the Sprint Backlog
- Effective Daily Scrums
- Effective Reviews and Retrospectives
- Scrum Task Boards
- Relative Estimation and Planning Poker
- Release Planning and the Release Burndown chart
- Your first 12 steps
We pride ourselves on creating an optimal training experience for all of our participants. Here is a selection of endorsements from our recent participants:
"Ilan is a gifted trainer and a successful advocate of Scrum. His certified ScrumMaster course was well framed and the content delivered effectively. His ability to transpose and apply the benefits of the Scrum framework to a complex development team structure, postulated his expert knowledge of Scrum."
Marshall Kim, Head of New Products and User Experience at eBay
"I completed the Scrum Master (CSM) training course run by AxisAgile in February 2013. Ilan is an excellent trainer and his superior knowledge of the subject matter was quite evident during the Q&A sessions. What really stood out for me was the level of enthusiasm from both Ilan and Colin, which is highly infectious and leaves you wanting to embrace Agile methodologies and all the benefits it can offer"
David Stone, Senior Product Manager at Optus
"I recently competed a Certified ScrumMaster course with AxisAgile, led by Ilan and Colin. Wow, what a course! Having come from outside the industry AxisAgile made Scrum easy to follow and highly relevant for my application in a broader business sense. The level of Scrum knowledge and experience was exceptional and I have already recommended their course several times over. If Scrum is on your to do list, call AxisAgile."
Nathan Archie, National Business Manager at PepsiCo
"AxisAgile were the genesis of massive change within how Appster does business. This resulted in massive increases in productivity, great client engagement and even making our stressed out developers 'very happy' (their words). In fact Ilan and Colin in their spare time even recruited our CTO without any expectations in return, the only motive: trying to over deliver in their services. Ilan is a world-class expert in his space, smart, honest and truly a thought leader in how Agile really works. We try to send everyone of our Product Owners and Scrum Masters through AxisAgile's training because they get real results."
Mark McDonald, Co-Founder and Director at Appster
All CSM courses are taught by Trainers approved by the Scrum Alliance. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.