Date: 17-18 March, 2011
Location: Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Regular Price: $1700 inc. GST
Joseph Pelrine delivered the first ever Certified Scrum training in Australia 6 years ago. He returns as a though leader in social complexity and self-organisation after assisting some of Europe's largest organisations with their agile adoptions.
About the course
Using the latest techniques drawn from social complexity science and agile coaching, this course will help you to lead self-organising teams and broader agile change within your organisation without slipping into "command and control"-style behaviours.
Learn how to...
- Explain the agile approach to a skeptical audience and bust common misconceptions.
- Work on breaking your "command and control" habits and adopt a servant leader mindset.
- Facilitate high value agile project meetings including stand-ups, plannings, reviews and retrospectives.
- Help teams collaborate and make decisions effectively using a variety of techniques.
- Surface overlooked impediments and resolve them in a collaborative manner.
- Identify where your team is at in its development and tune your leadership style appropriately.
- Coach people towards realising their potential rather than telling them what to do.
- Use the latest techniques from social complexity science to exert appropriate subtle control over self-organising teams.
Who should attend?
The course is particularly suitable for ScrumMasters, Project Managers, Iteration Managers and agile team members who wish to become an effective leader in an agile environment.
For Project Management Professionals, this course may qualify you for 14 PDUs as approved by the Project Management Institute. At the conclusion of the course, you will be provided with a signed letter of course completion which may be used to claim PDUs.
What others are saying about courses from Scrum WithStyle
“A great course. Excellent facilitation & presentation.”
- Project Manager, Workcover NSW
“Very insightful and enjoyable.”
- Analyst/Programmer, Agile Development Team, University of Sydney
"I thoroughly enjoyed the course and thanks for facilitating it in such an agile and participative way."
- Portfolio Manager at a large local council
"Thank you again for the trainings. I am now more confident running the Scrum projects at work."
- Project Manager, RedHat Asia Pacific
For more testimonials see: scrumwithstyle.com/testimonials
As the Scrum Alliance website says, “Students are expected to attend the CSM course with a working knowledge of Scrum. This knowledge can be obtained by reading books, articles, and web info about Scrum." A good starting point is the Scrum Student Resources page.
$1700 inc. GST
A discount of $100 per person is available when 3 or more participants from the same organisation are registered as a group.
This cost includes 2 full days of training, full catering (morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea), printed handouts and 2 years of membership with the Scrum Alliance.
Please select the "Register Now" button to secure your place on the course.
All CSM courses are taught by Trainers approved by the Scrum Alliance. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.