Date: 21-22 August, 2014
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Regular Price: $1,695 inc. GST
Established in 2003, the Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) certification with its globally recognised accreditation from the Scrum Alliance is by far the most popular Agile training offering worldwide.
You will become a Certified ScrumMaster once you pass the CSM exam. You will receive a welcome email inviting you to take the exam approximately 24hrs after the course ends.
After you receive your welcome email, you have two opportunities within 90 days to pass the exam at no cost. After up to two attempts within 90 days, there’s a USD $25 charge for each additional attempt.
The questions in the CSM exam are based on the Core Scrum description at AgileAtlas.org
You must answer 24 of the 35 multiple choice questions correctly to pass. You can stop and restart as many times as you need. You can also skip, go back, and bookmark questions to review later. Once you submit your answers, your exam results will appear immediately.
For further information about the CSM accreditation, see www.scrumalliance.org/pages/CSM
This course may qualify Project Management Professionals (PMPs) for 14 PDUs as approved by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
About the course
This Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) course is an intensive deep dive into the world's most popular Agile method: Scrum. It is an immersive learning experience emphasising hands-on participation through a mix of interactive seminars, group discussions, team activities, games and role-plays.
We use highly immersive adult learning techniques such as visual modelling, simulations, role-plays and 'Training from the Back of the Room' activities to enable self-directed learning and enhanced retention.
Unlike Scrum courses with other trainers, this course offers a Trial Scrum Exam on day 1 with answers discussed day 2. This provides you with clear feedback on your Scrum knowledge in preparation for the post-course Certification Exam.
This course is organised and run using Scrum as a management framework. This allows for feedback and flexibility as well as experiencing Scrum in action throughout the course.
You will learn:
- The philosophy, values and principles that guide you in becoming more Agile.
- The nature of principles such as Empirical Process Control, Iteration, Timeboxing and Self-organisation that provide an effective model for working in a complex environment.
- The Scrum roles in-depth and how they fit together to address Project Management.
- How to establish an environment to foster high-performance agile delivery including creating a Definition of Done and keeping a Product Backlog in a well-groomed state.
- Techniques for facilitating and participating in highly effective agile meetings each iteration and each day.
- How to leverage review and retrospective activities to produce better fit solutions and continuously improve our Scrum delivery capability.
Meet your trainer - Rowan Bunning
Rowan has trained well over 2,000 people on Certified Scrum courses in Australia and New Zealand since 2008 making him one of the most experienced Scrum trainers in the Australasian region.
Rowan worked as an Agile Coach at one of the top Scrum web design consultancies in Europe and an organisation that offered Agile training by Ken Schwaber and Mike Cohn (two of the most widely recognised names in the global Agile community).
Unlike many Agile Coaches and Trainers, Rowan not only has years of experience in Business/IT Project, but also in ongoing Product Development environments that have proven highly effective without using a project model. This allows Rowan to guide clients in combining the best of both worlds to achieve superior results.
Rowan draws from an extensive Agile toolset with a technical background using eXtreme Programming as well as expertise in Product Management, Lean, Lean Startup, Kanban and Cynefin. He is Cognitive Edge accredited and holds qualifications as a PRINCE2® Practitioner and a trained Innovation Games® facilitator.
A high proportion of Rowan's work is initiated via word-of-mouth recommendation from highly satisfied course participants.
Five reasons to do your Scrum training with Rowan Bunning
- Practical guidance from first-hand experience. Over a decade implementing Scrum in dozens of organisations means that Rowan's guidance is grounded in real world challenges and is highly practical. He speaks from first-hand experience, having worked for years in each of the Scrum roles including ScrumMaster, Product Owner and Development Team Member as well as in a wide variety of other technical, leadership and coaching roles.
- Insightful and inspiring. As past course participants testify, you can expect to take away many deep insights into the nature of Scrum and its potential to transform your organisation and your work life for the better. Stories of what others have achieved with Scrum are likely to inspire you to be a game changer yourself.
- Authoritative, non-proprietary material. Unlike many other training providers who teach proprietary, non peer-reviewed method formulations marketed using the generic umbrella term 'Agile', Rowan's teaching is fully aligned with the authoritative definitions of the most widely used and peer-reviewed Agile frameworks (e.g. Scrum as per the definition endorsed by the Scrum Alliance®) and techniques (e.g. User Stories and Story Point Estimation as per Mike Cohn).
- Take away a comprehensive workbook. As a course participant you will receive a comprehensive course workbook including worksheets on key topics, detailed information on the Scrum Roles not found elsewhere, recommended reading and further resources to assist you post-course.
- Post-course follow-up. Rowan can provide post-training coaching and has done so with a wide range of organisations in industries including banking, federal and state governments, health insurance, superannuation, salary packing, retail, manufacturing, building security, information security and media.
Testimonials from course participants
“Wow! A superbly run ScrumMaster course which inspires. Great resource set provided at the end too."
- Director, Leaf Data Pty Ltd
“I have been lucky to have had Rowan as my coach for both CSM and CSPO ceritfications (in fact I chose him for the CSPO after the great experience I had on the CSM course). Rowan brings a wide range of experience in coaching scrum teams and in helping businesses with their introductions of scrum and other agile techniques. I can't recommend Rowan enough."
- Simon Waight, CSM, CSPO and Cloud Architect (blog)
“Attending the Certified ScrumMaster course was incredibly helpful. Rowan worked hard to make sure the course content was useful for all attendees, regardless of their backgrounds. The sessions were interactive and we were encouraged to engage with the material, to immediately apply and practice what we were learning. We left with a clear understanding of the Scrum framework as a whole, as well as specific actions we could apply to our own Scrum environments. Massive thanks to ScrumWithStyle - looking forward to future courses."
- Charlie Gavey, 3months, Wellington, NZ
Scrum WithStyle is proud to offer the following great deals:
- $200 off early bird special for bookings made more than 2 weeks prior to the course,
- 5% off group discount when a group of 3 or more participants from the same organisation are booked together, and
- 10% off group discount when a group of 6 or more participants from the same organisation are booked together.
The following table shows the total price inc. GST for each situation.
|Number of people
||Price per person inc. GST
|> 2 weeks prior
||< 2 weeks prior
|1 or 2
|3, 4 or 5
- Two full days training with a highly experienced agile practitioner.
- A printed course workbook.
- Full catering during the course including morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
- Certification as a Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) for participants who pass the post-course Certification Exam taken online with the Scrum Alliance.
- 2 years of membership with the Scrum Alliance.
- A letter of course completion that may be submitted to your employer and/or a professional body (PMI, ACS or similar) for PDUs (available on request).
To register one or more participants for this course, simply select the "REGISTER" button at the top of this page.
- Credit card - Mastercard, Visa, Amex
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) - enter promo code INVOICE at checkout
- Cheque - enter promo code INVOICE at checkout
If you have any questions, please see the Frequently Asked Questions on our website, or
Call us on (02) 9567 3101, or
Email us at email@example.com
All CSM courses are taught by Trainers approved by the Scrum Alliance. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.