Date: 26-27 May, 2011
Location: Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Regular Price: $1700 inc. GST
Time is running out to enrol for this course as the registration cut-off is Tuesday the 24th at 5pm. To secure your seat simply select the "Register Now" button and complete the online registration.
About the course
This Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) course is an immersive learning experience involving a highly interactive mix of seminars, group discussions, team activities, games and role-plays.
You will learn:
- The philosophy, science, values and principles that guide you in applying Scrum
- The purpose of each of the Scrum meetings plus guidelines and tips for getting the most out of them
- How Project Management is covered by the three Scrum roles
- How to draw and make use of Sprint and Release Burndown charts
- How to establish a Definition of Done and keep a Groomed Product Backlog
- How to lead an agile team effectively without micro-managing or interfering with its self-organisation
Initial course backlog
The following initial course backlog provides an outline of major topics from which the facilitator and the class collaboratively plans the course. The Scrum framework is employed to manage track and manage progress through course material.
Values: As a practitioner, I want to adopt the values and principles that support agility and good Scrum, so that I can cultivate agile sensibilities and behaviours.
Patterns: As a practitioner, I want to understand the patterns in the Scrum framework and their purpose, so that I can more clearly see how to apply them and get the most out of them.
- Scrum in a Nutshell
- Empirical Process Control
Roles: As a practitioner, I want to understand each of the Scrum roles and their responsibilities, so that I can play my role well and support others in their roles.
- Product Owner role
- Team role
- ScrumMaster role
- Project Management with Scrum
Teamwork: As a facilitator, I want to learn how to conduct more effective Scrum meetings, so that I can help my Scrum team to set itself up for high performance in our daily work.
- Sprint Retrospective
- Daily Scrum
Planning: As a Scrum practitioner, I want to learn how to groom the Product Backlog and plan effectively, so that we set ourselves up for successful Sprints.
- Product Backlog
- Sprint Planning
Delivery: As a Scrum practitioner, I want to learn how to improve our delivery practices, so as to be able to welcome change and maintain a potentially shippable product.
- Agile Development Practices
- Definition of Done
- Sprint Review
Leadership: As a ScrumMaster, I want to learn techniques appropriate for leading self-organising teams, so that I can be effective whilst avoiding a 'command and control' style.
- Leading Self-organising Teams
- Scaling Scrum
- Next Steps
Who should attend?
The course is suitable for developers, testers, team leads, project managers, iteration managers and other managers.
For Project Management Professionals, this course may qualify you for 14 PDUs as approved by the Project Management Institute. At the conclusion of the course, you will be provided with a signed letter of course completion which may be used to claim PDUs.
What others are saying about courses from Scrum WithStyle
“A great course. Excellent facilitation & presentation.”
- Project Manager, Workcover NSW
“Very insightful and enjoyable.”
- Analyst/Programmer, Agile Development Team, University of Sydney
"I thoroughly enjoyed the course and thanks for facilitating it in such an agile and participative way."
- Portfolio Manager at a large local council
"Thank you again for the trainings. I am now more confident running the Scrum projects at work."
- Project Manager, RedHat Asia Pacific
For more testimonials see: scrumwithstyle.com/testimonials
As the Scrum Alliance website says, “Students are expected to attend the CSM course with a working knowledge of Scrum. This knowledge can be obtained by reading books, articles, and web info about Scrum." A good starting point is the Scrum Student Resources page.
$1700 inc. GST. This is includes:
- two full days training with a highly experienced agile practitioner
- printed handouts and worksheets
- a letter of course completion that may be submitted to your employer and/or a professional body (PMI/ACS) for PDUs
- full catering during the course including morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- access to online electronic resources following the course
- access to the Certified ScrumMaster certification test
- 2 years membership with the Scrum Alliance for participants who successfully complete the certification test
Please select the "Register Now" button to secure your place on the course.
All CSM courses are taught by Trainers approved by the Scrum Alliance. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.