Date: 16-18 September, 2014
Location: Austin, TX, United States
Regular Price: $1750
- This course fulfills the Technical skills requirement on the Certified Scrum Developer track.
Agile software development requires a unique approach to the actual writing of code. While there are no “silver bullets,” certain practices are much better at controlling quality, while retaining the flexibility and maintainability required of Agile’s incremental product development approach.
This 3-day course, primarily for developers, provides an immersive, hands-on coding experience with a time-tested set of engineering practices including relentless refactoring, Test-Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI), pair-programming, emergent design & architecture, and many other supporting practices.
Today’s professional developer will appreciate experiencing these practices in a safe, fun, and mildly realistic environment.
- A variety of individual practices (see table next page), and how they support each other.
- A clear understanding of why our industry needs professional development & engineering practices.
- A clear understanding of why these particular practices are well-suited for Agile frameworks such as Scrum & Kanban.
- Techniques for teams and individuals to realistically stick to these practices in a disciplined way.
Beginner to experienced.
All courses on the Certified Scrum Developer® track are taught by Registered Education Providers. For more information on the curriculum for the CSD credential, visit https://www.scrumalliance.org/certifications/practitioners/csd-certification.