Date: 20-22 August, 2014
Location: Herndon, VA, United States of America
Regular Price: 1800 per person
- This course fulfills the Technical skills requirement on the Certified Scrum Developer track.
This three-day agile engineering training provides participants with the technical skills necessary to write better code with fewer defects and respond quickly to changing requirements. You'll learn to use a deliberate and disciplined approach to tackle any development challenge and produce reliable, robust, verifiable applications. The workshop will leave you better prepared to respond to tomorrow’s changes, and anchors the Certified Scrum Developer (CSD) designation by the Scrum Alliance.
This is a hands-on agile engineering workshop, so get ready to roll up your sleeves and code! Participants will work in pairs on laptops configured with the tools necessary to support Agile delivery as we incrementally and iteratively build a simple, yet fully functional working application. The project will adhere to Scrum techniques, leading out with a Discovery/Planning session, with each day being broken into mini-sprints, interspersed with topic discussions/demonstrations of the various engineering practices that are duly reinforced with vigorous hands-on coding exercises.
- Agile Engineering and Environment - Study of Extreme Programming (XP) practices to augment Agile PM framework (e.g. Scrum) in the delivery of software projects. Understand the typical agile development environment and tools to support agile engineering practices.
- Agile Architecture and Emergent design - Study of the principles of architecture and design practices in an agile environment, focusing primarily on the techniques that better enable testability and ease refactoring.
- Test Driven Development (TDD) - Study of unit testing principles, TDD as a design approach, Red-Green-Refactor rhythm, collaboration tests vs. isolation tests, and effective use of test doubles.
- Refactoring - Study of key refactoring techniques, addressing technical debt, and refactoring legacy code.
- Continuous Integration - An introduction to the key practices of continuous integration, the integration cycle, and creating builds that are automated, self-testing and fast.
- Automated Acceptance Testing - Study of agile testing principles, the shifting role of testers in an agile environment, and an introductio
Upon completion of the workshop, participants will have met the core requirement of the CSD track, and those with two prior days of Agile training (CSM, CSPO etc.) will be eligible for CSD certification by the Scrum Alliance. More importantly, the constructs and techniques taught in the class will be readily applicable by the participants in their enterprise environments.
All agile training courses can also be offered as private classes. If you're interested in bringing LitheSpeed to your organization, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Early Bird*: $1,600
(*Register 60+ days early - extended through June 20th, 2014)
We go well beyond the basics, providing everything attendees need to put their new skills to use immediately, as well as ongoing self-learning material.
Attendees will receive:
- 21 PDUs towards PMI continuing certification requirements
- Satisfies core requirement of Certified Scrum Developer (CSD) certification track
- Hands-on, fully immersive learning experiencee
- Full color high-quality printouts of the training materials
- Free lunch, snacks and beverages
Group Discount — For multiple attendees from one organization at the same class: 20% for 3-4 people, 25% for 5-6 people, 30% for 7-9 people, 35% for 10+ people
Hardship Discount (40%) — If you're between jobs and have been unemployed for at least 2 months. Individual discount (20%) — If you're paying on your own, without employer assistance.
PMI or ALN membership discount (15%) — For members of these organizations.
Click here to request a discount code.
Note: We have a limited number of hardship and individual discounts available for each course. Our $200 early bird discount cannot be combined with any other offer.
Raj Indugula is the VP of Technology at LitheSpeed, where he drives product development initiatives using Lean + Agile techniques, provides training and mentoring to organizations transitioning to Agile, and to those looking to deepen their Agile adoption with engineering practices such as Continuous Integration, TDD and ATDD. Over the past 10 years he has led the implementation of multiple enterprise-scale software systems using Scrum and Extreme Programming practices. He has an M.S. in Computer Science. He is a Sun-Certified Java Developer, a Certified Scrum Master, and a SAFe Program Consultant. Read Raj's full bio.
Other LitheSpeed Offerings
All LitheSpeed trainers are also practicing agile consultants.
For a more comprehensive approach that increases your organization's chances for success, consider combining training with consulting offerings such as:
- Lean + Agile Assessment
- Agile Management Consulting
- Agile Team Coaching
- Lean Product Innovation
Our training and consulting practices are backed by more than a decade of experience leading agile transformations.
Learn more about additional training and agile consulting services at LitheSpeed.com.
All courses on the Certified Scrum Developer® track are taught by Registered Education Providers. For more information on the curriculum for the CSD credential, visit https://www.scrumalliance.org/certifications/practitioners/csd-certification.