Date: 9-10 June, 2017
Location: 590 Herndon Parkway (Class guaranteed to run!), VA, United States of America
Regular Price: 500
BEHAVIOR-DRIVEN DEVELOPMENT (BDD) FOR THE WHOLE TEAM
BDD is a set of practices in which an application is specified and developed by describing its behavior from an external perspective.
In this 1-day workshop, learn how business analysts, testers and programmers can collaborate more effectively to create a shared understanding of product specifications that leads to better planning, fewer missed requirements, and fewer defects by minimizing ambiguity and rework. Learn how to express these requirements in a manner that provides long-term documentation of the system as intended and “as currently built”, and how to automate verification that this documentation remains correct with every build of the system.
Who Should Attend?
- Business analysts
- Product owners
- Others involved in requirements elicitation
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- A deeper understanding of BDD in practice
- A framework for facilitating better understanding between the business, programmers, and testers
- How to move quality concerns upstream
- Techniques to discover the essential aspects of the system to be built
- How to have a clear target for development to reduce rework
- How to create durable executable specifications in Gherkin
- How to drive regression tests directly from the specifications using Cucumber