Date: 4 June, 2014
Location: Germantown, TN, United States of America
Regular Price: $597
In this high-energy, interactive and fun one-day class, you’ll be introduced to the essentials of Kanban. Kanban is a method for managing the creation of products with an emphasis on continual delivery while not overburdening the development team. Like Scrum, Kanban promotes continuous collaboration and encourages active, ongoing learning and improving by defining the best possible team workflow. This class is full of practical, real world techniques, which can be implemented immediately at your workplace. Hands-on exercises demonstrate key concepts and let you experience the benefits of Kanban firsthand. You’ll learn to visualize what you do each day, how to limit the amount of work in progress, and how to enhance your workflow.
Limited to only 20 seats...
Sign-up now in order to ensure your spot is reserved!
7 PDUs Awarded
What others are are saying about us:
- "This was the biggest "bang for the buck" of any class I've ever taken (in 18 years of professional development)." - Heather
- "The class was a great look into how we, as Developers, can improve our process within our Agile Scrum Teams." - Zach
- "I was pleasantly surprised that after only two days I now have a foundation to begin using Scrum at my agency." - Kevin
Kanban Essentials Benefits:
- Increase quality though increased focus and clear communication of standards
- Increase team morale by granting permission to self-improve
- Properly align your development efforts around delivering prioritized features first
- Improve communications, through transparency and "pull" versus "push" systems
- Increase the value delivered to your organization through a “finisher” mentality
- Develop a method that is custom fit for the unique contexts of your organization
- Start Kanban the day after the class, seeing faster returns on investment than other development approaches
- Improve relationships between IT, the business, and your customers through shared understanding
Kanban Essentials Takeaways:
- Easy to use reminders of Kanban
- Printed class manual
- Thumbdrive loaded with; articles, class exercises, whitepapers, etc...
- 7 PDUs
About The Instructor: Erick Fleming, CSM, JCD, MCT, MSCD
Erick Fleming, CSM, JCD, MCT, MSCD, is a Certified Scrum Trainer as well as a certified .NET and Java Developer with over 17 years of programming and training experience. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems from University of South Florida and has spent most of his career training and consulting with organizations on technologies ranging from .NET and Java to Linux and other open source tools. He specializes in cloud-based web solutions. Erick leads all technical training for Braintrust’s Certified Scrum Developer classes, Agile Engineering classes, and Test Driven Development classes. His role allows him to concentrate exclusively on developer training while setting the curriculum for all Braintrust developer-focused classes across the country.
Organizations That We Have Trained:
- American Airlines
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Department of Homeland Security
- Earnst & Young
- Emory University
- H&R Block
- Thomson Reuters
- Tractor Supply
- Vanderbilt University
- Many, many, more...