Date: 22 May, 2014
Location: Tampa, FL, United States of America
Regular Price: $597
In this high-energy, interactive and fun one-day class, you’ll be introduced to the essentials of Kanban. Kanban is a method for managing the creation of products with an emphasis on continual delivery while not overburdening the development team. Like Scrum, Kanban promotes continuous collaboration and encourages active, ongoing learning and improving by defining the best possible team workflow. This class is full of practical, real world techniques, which can be implemented immediately at your workplace. Hands-on exercises demonstrate key concepts and let you experience the benefits of Kanban firsthand. You’ll learn to visualize what you do each day, how to limit the amount of work in progress, and how to enhance your workflow.
Limited to only 20 seats...
Sign-up now in order to ensure your spot is reserved!
7 PDUs Awarded
What others are are saying about us:
- "This was the biggest "bang for the buck" of any class I've ever taken (in 18 years of professional development)." - Heather
- "The class was a great look into how we, as Developers, can improve our process within our Agile Scrum Teams." - Zach
- "I was pleasantly surprised that after only two days I now have a foundation to begin using Scrum at my agency." - Kevin
Kanban Essentials Benefits:
- Increase quality though increased focus and clear communication of standards
- Increase team morale by granting permission to self-improve
- Properly align your development efforts around delivering prioritized features first
- Improve communications, through transparency and "pull" versus "push" systems
- Increase the value delivered to your organization through a “finisher” mentality
- Develop a method that is custom fit for the unique contexts of your organization
- Start Kanban the day after the class, seeing faster returns on investment than other development approaches
- Improve relationships between IT, the business, and your customers through shared understanding
Kanban Essentials Takeaways:
- Easy to use reminders of Kanban
- Printed class manual
- Thumbdrive loaded with; articles, class exercises, whitepapers, etc...
- 7 PDUs
About The Instructor: John Miller, CSP
John Miller, CSP, PMP is an IT professional with over 15 years of industry experience. John holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from The New Jersey City University. He is a Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) from the Scrum Alliance, a Project Management Professional (PMP) from Project Management Institute (PMI), ITIL Foundations Certified, State Government Certified Project Manager from the Government Information Technology Agency (GITA), and a Certified Support Center Director from the Help Desk Institute. John is an Agile Trainer and Coach with The Braintrust Consulting Group, a provider of complete project management services for a wide range of software related projects. Braintrust blends People, Process, Tools, and Training into one seamless formula in order to help their clients break through roadblocks, improve processes, meet deadlines, and exceed goals. With a background in project management and IT Operations Management, John has spent much of his career managing and leading teams for companies like Register.com, Imbot.com, and local government organizations such as the Baltimore City Police Department and school districts. John has founded and grown several community groups such as West Phoenix Scrum Users Group and Agile Schools. John has 10 years experience in the education and training industry, He has worked with numerous organizations to support their training and coaching needs, whether they are for ongoing training or support during new project initiatives. John is a frequent presenter at technology conferences and was a speaker at Scrum Alliance Global Gathering - Atlanta. He enjoys sharing his love of project management, agile framework, and IT operations management with The Braintrust Consulting Groups’ clients.
Organizations That We Have Trained:
- American Airlines
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Department of Homeland Security
- Earnst & Young
- Emory University
- H&R Block
- Thomson Reuters
- Tractor Supply
- Vanderbilt University
- Many, many, more...