Date: 31 May - 2 June, 2017
Location: Tustin, CA, United States of America
Regular Price: $2,499
Learn with Craig Larman—the co-creator of LeSS—in this 3-day highly-participative LeSS Practitioner course. Participants (senior managers, agile coaches, ...) get a thorough understanding of LeSS, Large-Scale Scrum, for scaling agile development to many teams working together on one product. In-depth, we explore adoption, new organizational design, systems thinking & optimization, the role of management, and very concretely how to work together in a Sprint at scale in terms of coordination, architecture, planning, and much more.
Bonus: Each day there is an in-depth Q&A clinic with Craig Larman, based on his long experience with LeSS adoptions.
Feedback from previous courses
“It was inspiring to discuss Large-Scale Scrum with Craig Larman. The content of the course was top-notch.” – Steve Alexander
“The delivery was outstanding and the supporting material vast and detailed.” – Simone Zecchi
“The best course I have ever been on. Totally blown away.” – Simon Powers
In addition to course material, each Certified LeSS Practitioner participant will also receive 3 books on LeSS:
- Large-Scale Scrum: More with LeSS
- Practices for Scaling Lean & Agile Development: Large, Multisite & Offshore Product Development with Large-Scale Scrum
- Scaling Lean & Agile Development: Thinking and Organizational Tools for Large-Scale Scrum
- LeSS principles, frameworks, guides, experiments
- two LeSS frameworks: basic & LeSS Huge
- learning resources
- pre-adoption: building interest
- the adoption guides
- 3 principles
- getting started
- scope of first adoption
- stories of LeSS adoptions
Local Optimization & System Optimization
- local versus global systems optimization
- local optimization in planning
- local optimization in in analysis & design
- local optimization in programming & technology
Adoption: Organizing by Customer Value
- towards global optimization: multiple feature teams on one product
- adoption & organizational design implications of feature teams
- 3 types of development
- where is the Product Owner?
- discovering/defining your product scope in LeSS
- incremental change: feature-team adoption mapping
- shu-ha-ri and frameworks
- empirical process control
- why "More with LeSS"?
- systems optimization
- occupational psychology
- lean thinking & value-driven
- preparation meetings before first Sprint
- Sprint Planning with many teams
- coordination & integration: from communities to architecture
- scaling Product Backlog Refinement
- scaling the Sprint Review & Retrospective
Done & Undone in LeSS
- perfect and imperfect Done
- improvement, organizational design, and Done
- handling Undone
- shipping and DevOps
- rules for smaller LeSS framework
- rules for LeSS Huge
LeSS Huge Framework
- Requirement Areas
- Area Product Owners
- role of Overall Product Owner
- Area Backlogs
More on LeSS Principles
- systems thinking and causal-loop modeling
- whole-product focus
- lean thinking
- queuing theory
More on LeSS Roles
- Managers in a LeSS organization
- ScrumMasters at scale
- Product Owner in LeSS
In-Depth Special Topics: A Deep-Dive Q&A Clinic
Although there are some constants in a LeSS adoption, there are many variations, due to myriad contexts. And there are many special-topic questions that participants have, usually variations of “When scaling Scrum, how do we…?” These questions range from “contracts to career path.” Therefore, a full half-day to day of this LeSS Practitioner course is dedicated to a structured Q&A session that works through a group-prioritized list of burning issues and questions. Craig Larman, drawing on his many years of experience of actual LeSS adoptions, will dialog and explore solutions with the group.
After course completion...
All participants will be a Certified LeSS Practitioner and will get an account on less.works. Here they can find additional information about LeSS, share course information and stay in contact with the other Certified LeSS Practitioner course participants.
NOTE: class will meet from 8:30AM to 6:00PM all three days including day 3. Please arrange your schedule accordingly. Participants MUST plan to stay until precisely 18:00 on day *3* i.e., 18:00 on ALL days.
Craig Larman, cofounder of LeSS, and the trainer for this course, has partnered with Rocket Nine Solutions, a Southern California-based agile training and coaching consultancy led by Scott Dunn, CST, to host this course. Please refer any logistical questions about this training to our training coordinator whose contact information can be found below. Course content related information can be found on LeSS.works. This particular Large Scale Scrum class is listed here.
Cancellation Policy - Reschedule to another of Rocket Nine Solutions class anytime, or cancel anytime up to 7 days before class for 100% refund. Fewer than 7 days notice will result in a 75% refund to cover hard costs. For minimum learning experience, the course must run with a minimum five registrants. If fewer than five are registered, the class may be cancelled three to seven days in advance, and attendees will be offered seats in the next Rocket Nine Solutions classes in the area or a full refund.
Please be aware that Rocket Nine Solutions may choose to record electronic and traditional media (e.g., photographs, video, audio footage, testimonials) at this event and attendees may appear in these recordings. By submitting a registration for yourself or someone else, or by attending this event, you grant permission for Rocket Nine Solutions to store those recordings in a database and to use them in future print, electronic, or other visual media for educational and promotional purposes. If you do not wish to grant permission, please contact the event coordinator listed below prior to attending the event.
Click the link below to obtain a guest room at the hosting hotel and receive a special group rate:
Rocket Nine Training Class/Large Scale Scrum with Craig Larman:
Start date: 5/31/17
End date: 6/2/17
Last day to book: 5/3/17
Marriott hotel(s) offering your special group rate:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Tustin Orange County for 149.00 USD per night
Book your guest room at this rate for the Large Scale Scrum class with Craig Larman, a Rocket Nine Training Class.
If you need assistance with other logistical details of the class, larger group rates (6 or more), etc., please contact Cliff Rosa at email@example.com or call 714-699-4679.