Date: 19-20 May, 2010
Location: Sunnyvale, CA, United States of America
Regular Price: $1300
This two-day, advanced course picks up where the Certified ScrumMaster and other introductory agile courses leave off. Drawing and expanding on concepts in Mike's Succeeding with Agile book, this course will help you move beyond initial success to sustained agility. Attendees should have a solid understanding of agile concepts and the principles and practices of Scrum prior to tackling this material.
Participants will learn advanced teamwork techniques, including ways to subtlety guide a self-organizing team and how to ensure that all team members (including designers, architects, and testers) are busy on each day of the sprint. They will discover ways to effectively scale Scrum, in one location or on a globally distributed team. The course will explore what it means to be agile while meeting regulatory compliance requirements, how to overcome common problems, and tools for measuring the benefits of agile.
Agile isn’t a final destination; it’s something you grow towards each day. Learn how to iterate towards a higher level of agility, no matter where you are on your journey.
You Will Learn
- How the same process used during transition can help spread agile or Scrum across the enterprise.
- How the roles of project managers, functional managers, programmers, testers, data professionals, architects, analysts, and others change in an agile process
- Ways in which a leader can influence a self-organizing team
- How to incorporate technical design, interaction design, and architecture into agile projects
- How improvement communities can drive the hard work of organizational change.
- How to effectively structure teams, including how to make proper use of specialists.
We are so confident that you will benefit from our training that we offer a 100% money back guarantee. If you aren’t satisfied with the training you received, contact us within thirty days to receive a full refund of the registration fee, no questions asked.
Combine This Class with Other Training
This class will be preceded by a Certified ScrumMaster class in the same location. You can attend these classes separately or together.
What You Get
- High quality training from an industry expert
- A continental breakfast buffet, a hot lunch buffet, an afternoon snack, and continuously replenished drinks
- A 1 GB USB drive containing a PDF of the course materials, relevant articles by Mike Cohn and others, sample chapters from Mike's books, and other information
- A printed and bound copy of the course materials
Don’t see a date and location you like? Want to train a team or department without the hassle of travel? This class is available for onsite delivery. Contact Mike Cohn at 1-888-61-Agile (24453) or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Download a PDF brochure with additional information.
A full refund will be provided if you cancel or transfer your registration to a different event no later than five business days prior to the start of the class. If you cancel or transfer within five business days you will be charged $150 per class.
Professional Development Units (PDUs)
PMPs: You can receive 15 PDUs for this course.